Cinque Terre from Livorno

spinnaker2

I have my doubts that a boat is available or would be practical.

Cinque Terre is indeed wonderful. In October, we were on back-to-back Sojourn cruises in the Mediterranean. We had arranged a mid-cruise disembarkation in advance with Seabourn.

We disembarked when the ship anchored at Portovenere, and then three days later re-joined the ship in Livorno. We stayed in Manarola during that interval.

On our return day, we trained to Livorno, changing trains in La Spezia. Left our apartment about 8:30am....reached the ship about 1:00pm with a good connection. it worked fine, but takes too much time to make the round trip in a day practical.

I fear a boat would take even longer, and often would not go because of seas along the coast. (The local boats that shuttle between the five towns often are not running.) I think a car and driver, or a third-party shore excursion, would be the only practical options.

You might look at two forum discussions that address the issue:

http://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/recommendations-for-cinque-terre-tour-from-cruise-ship-livorno-port.cfm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187817-i997-k6062900-Livorno_to_Cinque_Terre-Cinque_Terre_Italian_Riviera_Liguria.html

You can google private tour guides from Livorno to Cinque Terre and see what comes up. You might want to cross reference with Trip Advisor to get some feedback on the quality of those guides. Then email and explain what you want and how best to accomplish it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on 5terre.

Looks as if it won't work this time.

I did hear back from several drivers and a tour boat, but there won't be enough time to accomplish this.

We will probably go to firenze. Since DD lived there twice, we have some haunts we can return to in a relaxed state and just enjoy it.

Thanks all for the suggestions on 5terre.