Television Channels on Carnival

stevenr597

My wife and I are frequent cruisers and have cruised on Carnival (Platinum Level), RCCL, Princess, Cunard and Celebrity. We have very few complaints about cruising, but one of them is the lack of decent programming on the cabin televisions. We are tired of CNN international, and poor reception from some mid-west channels. In the past,we have heard various explanations for this.

However some of the other cruise lines such as Celebrity offer a better variety of channels including interactive TV and Fox News.

It would be nice if Carnival, especially on their newer and their refurbished ships, would offer a wider variety of television, especially Fox news. Although we are on vacation we would like to keep up on current national and world events.

With our current technology including HDTV and digital programming we do not think that this should be a problem for Carnival.

We don't watch tv on the ship that often, but since I was rooming with my 8yo dd this trip, I was back in the cabin early a few times and there was a total lack of anything to watch. Even rotating the in cabin movies a little more often would help ...

Haha, fox news ... well, I guess if you really want to fully escape reality that's a good choice. (Sorry, I'm done.)

Really though, tv? There's always the internet if it's that important to stay current.

Here was the TV Programming that was on Carnival Miracle in 10/2008.

I am sure that the programming should be similar. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

11 BOW CAM

12 AFT CAM

13 GUEST INFO

14 MAP CHANNEL

15 CARNIVAL INFO

16 ABC (DENVER)

17 CRUISE DIRECTOR’S TALKS

18 CBS (DENVER)

19 FUNSHIP FILMS CRUISE IN REVIEW

20 FOX (DENVER)

21 CONCESSION INFO

22 NBC (DENVER)

23 DISCOVERY CHANNEL / TLC

24 SHORESIDE SHOPPING INFO

25 CNN ESPAÑOL

26 TNT

27 CRUISE DIRECTOR’S SHOWS(PHANTOM LOUNGE)

28 CNN INTERNATIONAL

29 BOOMERANG

30 CHANNEL GUIDE

31 CNN HEADLINE NEWS

32 CARTOON NETWORK

33 MOVIE CHANNEL 1

34 MOVIE CHANNEL 2

35 MOVIE CHANNEL 2

36 FUNSHIP FILM TOURS

37 MUSIC VIDEOS

38 TCM

39 LOCAL TV STATION WHILE IN PORT

40 LOCAL TV STATION WHILE IN PORT

41 CARNIVAL RADIO

42 CARNIVAL RADIO

43 CARNIVAL RADIO

We watched more tv than typical on our past cruise, since we were sick (cold sick, not seasick) most of the cruise. Pride did have Fox News. Unfortunately we didn't watch CNN much - I missed stuff like CNN fact-checking a Saturday Night Live comedy sketch on President Obama.

Ok, now I'm done. ;)

We cruise alot in Jan and like to check the weather at the end of the cruise. Your not going to get the weather in the east from any Denver station. They don't know anything exists outside of Colorado. I like fox news. Alot better then CNN or NBC.

My wife and I are frequent cruisers and have cruised on Carnival (Platinum Level), RCCL, Princess, Cunard and Celebrity. We have very few complaints about cruising, but one of them is the lack of decent programming on the cabin televisions. We are tired of CNN international, and poor reception from some mid-west channels. In the past,we have heard various explanations for this.

However some of the other cruise lines such as Celebrity offer a better variety of channels including interactive TV and Fox News.

It would be nice if Carnival, especially on their newer and their refurbished ships, would offer a wider variety of television, especially Fox news. Although we are on vacation we would like to keep up on current national and world events.

With our current technology including HDTV and digital programming we do not think that this should be a problem for Carnival.

We do like to wind down and watch a little TV at night. I found Carnival's selection to be better than RCCL. We like the channel that tells us how many fast we are going, how far we have gone.....ect.

In some regards that's what we like so much about cruising; we try to stay away from TV, computers, phones.

I don't take a vacation to keep up with the news. No news is good news. I can't control the weather, so why watch? In fact the perfect vacation for me , is no TV (poor Catmando) but it gives us the time to interact with each other without the competition of some entertainement gadget.:p

• 2 years later...
Actually, it would be nice if, among the music channels (on TV), there would be some easy listening or romantic type music, when you'd like to do a little smoochin' & huggin' (and other stuff) with your sweetie.;):D

nah get a boom box and tiki torch for you balcony and you will be fine

I have always wondered why in the Caribbean you get Denver channels?? Why is this? Miami I can understaqnd but Denver?

The Denver stations vanished a year or two ago. My understanding is that Carnival used them because their signal was available unscrambled and free.

I agree with the original poster. Carnival's TV package is pitiful. I would love to see Fox News. (By the way, Fox News crushes every other cable news station when it comes to ratings, so someone is watching!) I would also love to see ESPN (a Disney owned company), NBC Sports Network or even ESPN News just to keep up with the sporting news.

My trip the first week in July had the network channels that rotated from San Juan (departed from San Juan), Miami and NYC. No pattern to which location you got.

Unfortunetly, Fox News was not offered. Only CNN and the major networks to watch to the cheerleading for Obama. Just sayin'. Ok, now I"M done.

Haha, fox news ... well, I guess if you really want to fully escape reality that's a good choice. (Sorry, I'm done.)

Really though, tv? There's always the internet if it's that important to stay current.

I knew it wouldn't take long :rolleyes:

Archived