Best time to cruise New England

Wyotraveler

Hey all again

I think we have decided against Europe, as the airfare is jus too much. Instead I think we are looking at New England for the fall of next year. Just need to decide on the Liberty of Seas out of New Jersey or the Brilliance of Seas out of Boston. Also need to decide on a departure date. I have several dates to chose from including some in August, September, and October. I was leaning more towards the later, as was looking at a website that shows peak foliage and if I remember right it seems, as though October was it. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Generally, foliage peaks in New England in Mid-October. Here's an interactive map that shows how the color rolls across New England:

http://www.yankeefoliage.com/peak-foliage-forecast-map/

Here's the peak foliage info for Canada (from http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/02...-across-canada ):

Quebec - End of September to mid-to-late October

New Brunswick - Early October

Nova Scotia - Late September through early October

Prince Edward island - Mid-September to the end of October

Newfoundland - Late September to early October

• 2 weeks later...

Personally if I had a choice of departures, I'd take Boston in a heart beat. I assume you're flying into the port and its so easy AND CHEAP to get from airport to harbor or airport to downtown area for hotel and back to harbor. Check out the MTA website (whatever there calling it these days) and look @ a map. If you're coming in departure day it's a quick silver line bus over to port and it cost $2. Maybe a little more now but prob not much. If you're going to be there a few days you can get a Charlie Card good for a week for under $20--spent a week there a year ago and we sure for our $ worth!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Actually the silver line from the airport is free. But depending on how much luggage you have it might be easier to just grab a cab... I am not big on public transit with a bunch of stuff!! Silver line from airport to Black Falcon requires a transfer and lugging all the stuff on and off and up the elevator and across the bridge/walkway and down the elevator and onto the next bus again seems like a lot of work to me to save $10 on cab fare. But 20 years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it... Funny how perception changes with time,,

But I do agree that Boston is easy to navigate and their public transit is great when not hauling luggage.