Sail7Seas- Almost on Carnival?

clopaw

Yes, yes! Inquiring minds want to know! You have teased us with your trailer (as in movie trailer ... preview) and it has whet our appetites for the real scoop. You've said it's a long story. Obviously we're not too pressed for time here! ;) So tell us ... tell us ... pretty please!

I just wrote a 13,000 character post telling the story....I got a notice that my message was too long to shorten it. When I tried to access it to shorten it, it disappeared. If I do not find it again.......grrrrrrr

I won the bet I made with myself :) , which was that I didn't think we'd get to hear the story - though I'd like to. It sounds so intriguing...

I think Sail is going to keep us all in suspense! At least a bit longer ;)

Next time you have the inclination, do in in Word or some other word processor. Save it, then copy and paste as needed. That way if it gets dumped on CC you'll not have to compose it again.

13,000 words??? Now you've really got us going! Must be some story. Somehow I feel like the kids who waited for days for the next Harry Potter book to come out! ;) I've been camped here waiting for it to appear. Now, I'll just have to go home, shower, and come back later.

It is lost and I do not have the patience to rewrite it.

This actually happened to me too when I was writing a review of the Maasdam. It was all lost, grrr - very frustrating indeed.

Next time I will take Jim's advice and type it in Word, then cut & paste. Thanks Jim, why I didn't think of it sooner escapes me.

I just wrote a 13,000 character post telling the story....I got a notice that my message was too long to shorten it. When I tried to access it to shorten it, it disappeared. If I do not find it again.......grrrrrrr

Come on -- give us the truth. NOBODY has that much time on their hands (13,000 characters) or should, or even want to???? What other "productive" things do you do for a living?? Come on, fess up............???

2600 words ... about 110 lines of text given the formatting here.

That's extensive, but not out of line for some reviews. :)

S7S ... try drafting it offline in a WP and then copy-pasting it to the board. And, while you're at it, try to focus in on the specifics and leave out those things that are extraneous.

2600 words ... about 110 lines of text given the formatting here.

That's extensive, but not out of line for some reviews. :)

Rev Neal- I agree. That doesn't sound as long as some reviews that have been posted. This has my interest up now. I don't want to cruise, write a review, and have this happen to me because I got too wordy. ;)

Sail, did a notice actually come on your screen when you tried to submit and say you had 13,000 odd characters and that was too many? Otherwise how do you possibly know how many characters you had?

Has anyone else ever posted and been told it was too long and how many characters are allowed?

MODERATORS: How much is too much? How long exactly is too long? Can anybody here find out?

If there really is such a thing as a 'sort of' Carnival cruise I'm sure there is also a 100 word or less abridged version of just the highlights of the story. I doubt anyone was asking you to write 13,000??? words and everyone seems interested.

Well, Bookworm....You want the short version. Sure....

We booked a cruise. We boarded. It didn't sail.

Pretty boring, huh? Well, the 13,000 character version was alot more interesting. :)

As I mentioned, I posted the story about 3 months ago on the old Board. I have no clue what thread it was a part of.

Write it in "Word"? Sorry....I don't use this computer for anything but e-mail, internet research and BB's. I have no clue how to access, use "Word".

Gizmo....I made it as brief as possible. :) per your request.

We booked a cruise. We boarded. It didn't sail.

The grass is green; sky is blue. :)

I am quite sure my very nice laptop has a wonderful version of MS Word.

Hope the next owner enjoys using it.

Thankfully, I have no real need to become any more computer literate than the extremely low level of competentcy I now possess. :)

Email; web research and surfing; Bulletin Boards.........that's it!!!

If you can post a message, you can use MS Word. They're almost the same except Word has a spell checker.

Most computers come with some version of MS Office, which contains Word.

Sails, I can relate to almost.

In the good old days, when one could board a plane or not and take the next one I had that sort off expierence.

I was to leave N.Y to Europe had my boarding pass and did not board. I felt sort off funny.

There was a other plane couple hours later.

And sure the first plane came back shortly after take off with fire in the engine.

Was your sort off like that?

Come on -- give us the truth. NOBODY has that much time on their hands (13,000 characters) or should, or even want to???? What other "productive" things do you do for a living?? Come on, fess up............???

:D Sorry, Richard. I just saw your message and did not want you to feel I did not respond to your question.

What I do for a living is "take care of my home and husband". I used to work outside my home but I no longer do and have not for some time. Can't say I'm exactly retired as I'm still too young to claim that and DH is still very active in his profession.

What else I do with my time??? Hmmm....book cruises and cruise??!!!

Not a bad job if you can get it. :)

Archived