Planning Group to NYC and Cruise

Misty_Que

Both are fine. With the subway it is easy to get anywhere you want to go in Manhattan and both are near subway lines.

Herald Square is nice, which is on 34th. You can walk the highline, get down to the WTC and Battery Park. You can also walk to Times Square. Lots of shopping there.

The Courtyard Central Park is not actually on Central Park. You are equally close to Times Square. You can get to the park, Rockefeller Center, and the Natural History Museum or Met easier from up there.

Either way, location near Broadway in Midtown is fine. 20 blocks doesn't really make much of a difference since it is less than 10 minutes on a subway. In my opinion as long as you are between Lexington and 9th Ave and between 34th and Central Park, it really doesn't matter where you stay. There are plenty of subway lines and the walking distances aren't too far.

Thank you!

One hotel to consider is the Residence Inn Manhattan/Central Park. It is brand new and the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. The top half is Residence Inn and lower half Courtyard, so if you stay in the Residence Inn section, you are guaranteed an awesome view and also get the large suite amenities that you are looking for. Free breakfast is also nice and included along with Internet for all rooms. It should be within budget. Staying on a high floor is nice since you get away from all the road noise. I've stayed at that hotel and it is my favorite in Manhattan. New is always nice.

Thank you for the recommendation. Is this a safe area for walking at night? Are there lots of restaurants around the hotel within walking distance? We much prefer walking but will take the subway if needed for long distances. But again, we don't mind the walking as we can sight see more that way.

Thank you for the recommendation. Is this a safe area for walking at night? Are there lots of restaurants around the hotel within walking distance? We much prefer walking but will take the subway if needed for long distances. But again, we don't mind the walking as we can sight see more that way.

You are just a few blocks outside of Times Square. Plenty of places to eat, and other than dodging aggressive Elmos, it will be safe.

You are just a few blocks outside of Times Square. Plenty of places to eat, and other than dodging aggressive Elmos, it will be safe.

Haha....Love the dodging Elmo's joke!! All too true trying to get around those "special characters"!!

What do you all recommend for a group to do in NY in January? Most of us have been before so have done all the touristy stuff. There will just be my parents who have never been. I definitely want them to experience Times Square. I would also like to find an enclosed bus/group tour to take everyone one just to experience the highlights and sights. Can anyone recommend a tour like this? I only recall seeing the HOHO buses.

Any other recommendations of things we can do? Not really much of a museum group and my Mom is terrified of heights.

What do you all recommend for a group to do in NY in January? Most of us have been before so have done all the touristy stuff. There will just be my parents who have never been. I definitely want them to experience Times Square. I would also like to find an enclosed bus/group tour to take everyone one just to experience the highlights and sights. Can anyone recommend a tour like this? I only recall seeing the HOHO buses.

Any other recommendations of things we can do? Not really much of a museum group and my Mom is terrified of heights.

One go thing is I doubt you will see naked cowboy and cowgirl in January