UK cruiser needs debarkation day help

Tony UK

We are taking our first trip to New York and then cruising to New England and Canada from Port Liberty. We return to Port Liberty and then fly home same day and need to be at Newark for our flight at 18:25. We are unable to check our luggage in early according to the airline so we will be stuck with our luggage.

We really didn't want to do the ship tour which will take us to places we have already been and then drop us at the airport.

Any ideas for a day hotel or other facility where we can spend the day more pleasurably than sitting in the airport?

Any help would be much appreciated

We are taking our first trip to New York and then cruising to New England and Canada from Port Liberty. We return to Port Liberty and then fly home same day and need to be at Newark for our flight at 18:25. We are unable to check our luggage in early according to the airline so we will be stuck with our luggage.

We really didn't want to do the ship tour which will take us to places we have already been and then drop us at the airport.

Any ideas for a day hotel or other facility where we can spend the day more pleasurably than sitting in the airport?

Any help would be much appreciated

That's a tough question with no easy answer. What is your debarkation date? The airport Marriott may offer day rooms on a last minute basis. Don't know if other hotels might do the same thing.

I don't know about baggage storage around Port Liberty and don't even know where that is (Bayonne?) However, if you can find a luggage storage place near Port Liberty, that would give you another option. I think there is another section for posting questions about New England/Canada cruises. You might try posting in there as well as here. I think it was in that section that someone mentioned a luggage place in Manhattan (Schwartz, I believe).

I don't know about baggage storage around Port Liberty and don't even know where that is (Bayonne?) However, if you can find a luggage storage place near Port Liberty, that would give you another option. I think there is another section for posting questions about New England/Canada cruises. You might try posting in there as well as here. I think it was in that section that someone mentioned a luggage place in Manhattan (Schwartz, I believe).

Schwartz is in Manhattan, I don't think there is luggage storage in NJ.

Schwartz is in Manhattan, I don't think there is luggage storage in NJ.

No one has come up with a luggage storage option in NJ for Cape Liberty. The only option would be to go to EWR and rent a car with a trunk and then go somewhere like the SOL or Ellis Isand for the day from Liberty State Park where the parking is $7.

Thanks everyone for you helpful advice and information. In the end we have booked a day room at the Hilton from 10-00 am till 6 PM. Shuttle to EWR.

It just seemed the best of the options even though pricey. I hate it when that last day shadows a wonderful cruise experience.

The hotel has a pool and gym so we'll be able to relax and then shower and change before we fly.....priceless!

Thanks everyone for you helpful advice and information. In the end we have booked a day room at the Hilton from 10-00 am till 6 PM. Shuttle to EWR.

It just seemed the best of the options even though pricey. I hate it when that last day shadows a wonderful cruise experience.

The hotel has a pool and gym so we'll be able to relax and then shower and change before we fly.....priceless!

That should work just fine. Good to know that the Hilton is an option. Let us know how it works out.

• 1 month later...