Baltimore Parking and Hotels

wendyatpml

I just booked the Best Western on O Donnell St. for overnight and parking for the cruise. It seems to be the closest to the port. Has anyone every stayed there? I know there are some bad areas in Baltimore. We are cruising in Jan. and the weather can be bad. I booked this for the night before the cruise. We live only 2 hours away so if the weather is o.k. we just might cancel. Any info you have would be appreciated.

I just booked the Best Western on O Donnell St. for overnight and parking for the cruise. It seems to be the closest to the port. Has anyone every stayed there? I know there are some bad areas in Baltimore. We are cruising in Jan. and the weather can be bad. I booked this for the night before the cruise. We live only 2 hours away so if the weather is o.k. we just might cancel. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Read this thread for info:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2366913

Since you are a short drive I would just drive down and park at the port. It may be a few dollars more but you hop in car and jump on I95 which is right next to cruise port when the cruise is over. No shuttles to worry about.

I ended up reserving a room at the Sleep Inn - Inner Harbor for my July 10 departure. It is more money but is walking distance to the Inner Harbor and Little Italy. That's the cost of convenience. I will report back after the cruise with an update.