docking in Bermuda

madibeme

I have honestly never understood this question. What difference does it make. You are either facing the beautiful water or the pier. Two great views in my opinion.

How long are you sitting on your balcony for it to make a difference? :confused:

I actually spend quite a bit of time on my balcony. So for me it does matter. Whats important for one person isn't for someone else.

This is a little tricky in Bermuda since while the ship is docked, one side is facing the pier (and the Royal Naval Dockyard), and the side of the ship not facing the pier also has (an arguably better) view of Bermuda. So there's something to see for everyone.

Just got back yesterday and we were docked on the port side. nose to nose with Celebrity Summit.

We were actually docked Starboard on that (June 9) sailing (right side of the ship against the pier).

Madibeme,

I am with you. I too enjoy spending time on the balcony and the view does matter to me as well. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to whether the Breakaway is starboard side against the dock or portside. I chalked it up to the ongoing construction at Heritage Harbour but I have to admit I am a little curious as to which side we will be docked on our upcoming August 4th sailing.

Last week we were docked port side to the dock. Our room was on the starboard side and we had some real nice views of the water and land in the distance. Also got to see a beautiful sunrise one morning.

One of the nice things for me was that I was able to sit at Cagney's outside tables on the Waterfront (aft) and use the wifi package I purchased in Bermuda for $15. I spent a couple of hours there on Friday without any problems (cannot say the same for the ship's wifi). If the ship docked starboard I would not have been able to do this as the Waterfront does go to the front of the ship.

According to the Chief Officer on board who we had the opportunity to dine with on our June 16th cruise, it depends on when they do their lifeboat drills. They do drills once a month so the ship will dock Starboard those days. They do not do any lifeboat drills in NY because of the boat traffic. I specifically asked this question since I saw it on here before we left. Hope this helps. Although I have no idea of their drill schedule. :)

Tink,

I think you are mixed up with port and starboard. Most of the time they have been docked starboard side to pier. Only it seems port side once a month.

We just got off on Sunday and our room was on the starboard side facing away from the pier. I know this because this was the first time we have ever cruised with a cabin on the starboard side. I specifically asked the Chief Officer Carl and 1st Officer Robert this during dinner. They told me that they only dock Starboard once a month for lifeboat drills which would have the bow facing the Celebrity ship. Maybe they're confused as well but I am going by what I was told. ;) I would just keep watching the Port of Bermuda webcam and make note of the pattern of how the ship is docked since they're only on their 7th trip to Bermuda this week. :)

So looks like 2 weeks in a row Portside is docked viewing Port!

We've been to Bermuda on the Portside that faced the water and we've been on Starboard that faced the dock! We enjoyed both for various reasons. So for us, not really sure if we have preference. Tranquility or being in the loop? Depends on the individual!

Archived