What can you share about the Dream?

birdie16

Adele suggested, on another thread, that I ask this question...I think it is a great idea! There isn't much information on the Dream out there...can anyone share stories, opinions, recommendations, photos, dailies?

I want this to be a "Dream" not a "Nightmare"! Thanks!

I have not been on the Dream since 12/99 so any insight I could give is dated. I have been on the ship as the Dreamward before they cut it in half and added 150' to the ship and after. Also I have never cruised the Dream since Freestyle was added.

That said you may not have a chance to cruise on a mass market line and enjoy what is now considered a small ship. Easy to get around. I enjoyed the aft pool area. If you want the poolside games and music the mid ship pool area is great.

Here is a link to many reviews and pictures. I have not seached the links but it may be better then nothing.

Dream

I hesitate to post because I always say the same things over and over. I sailed on the Dream last November in a balcony cabin and had a wonderful time. The ship is sparkling clean, the atmosphere low-key; the cabin steward was friendly and attentive; the food ranged from average to terrific. Don't expect glamour or excitement and you'll be satisfied. At the beginning of the cruise, no one seemed to realize that there was a sitting area on deck 8 aft, or a pool on deck 9 aft.

I'd go again in second if I could.

The Terraces Restaurant, aft, is a very nice venue - but I bet hard work for the wait-staff, with all the stairs. Much more pleasant than the main dining room, which is bisected by a main companionway, fore and aft.

I preferred the ship's layout before the stretch job.

The Lido and Sports Bar eating areas are very small, and in my opinion, inadequate for the passenger load normally carried.

We were on the Dream Feb/2004. Loved the size of the ship....so easy to get around and the crew was great!!!! I just hate they are moving the ship to Texas out of N O.. We also enjoyed the bar-b-que poolside! Any questions you have I will try to answer. :)

Archived