Israel weather August

barcrab

We spent 4 days in Israel on a cruise in August 2011. We selected places and activities that would give us a chance to cool off, such as an archeological snorkel tour at Caesarea, stream walking/kayaking in the Galilee, and traipsing through the dark, underground Hezekiah's tunnel. The coast, for example Akko, was hotter than the inland areas but did not prevent us from doing what we wanted to do. We intentionally avoided such archeological sites as Beit She'an, which have little shade and are notoriously hot in summer. Actually, we found Rome more problematic than Israel. If you're from Atlanta, I don't think you'll have any problem. Go, enjoy, and drink tons of water!

I'm from Atlanta, and I found it very hot at the end of September a couple of years ago. Temperatures were at or near 100 degrees for the two days we were in Israel as well as the day in Alexandria. I imagine it could be equally hot in August.

It did not stop me from fully enjoying the time spent, but I was fairly worn out at the end of each day. Do go prepared with hats, sunscreen, water, etc.

It'll be hot, but mostly dry heat. I would avoid Eilat(although I think you wouldn't even have enough time to get there on a cruise anyway!), but otherwise you should be fine.

Just please keep in mind that the sun is very intense in the summer, much more so than many places in the US. Stay very very hydrated(you should be drinking plenty of those 1.5 lt bottles throughout the day) and always wear a hat. I lived in Israel for two summers... Dehydration is enough to ruin a vacation, and it's so easy to prevent!

Archived