Toiletries warning on Pacific Dawn

:(Be advised that Pacific Dawn does not provide shampoo, conditioner or tissues in the cabin any more. There is a dispenser of soap in the shower cubicle.

Oh NO...:eek:

but I always bring home heaps of those little bottles and sachets.

What am I going to give for Christmas presents now ? .:D

Oh NO...:eek:

but I always bring home heaps of those little bottles and sachets.

What am I going to give for Christmas presents now ? .:D

You'd better bring your own soap, David, or you'll have to duck into the shower cubicle every time you want to wash your hands.

:(Be advised that Pacific Dawn does not provide shampoo, conditioner or tissues in the cabin any more. There is a dispenser of soap in the shower cubicle.

Aaagh, I had trouble posting the reply above :cool:- they must have been doing maintenance. Anyway, I was trying to say:

I mentioned that in my review on the P&O page. They don't provide face washers any more either. However, I asked our steward for washers and tissues and he brought us some - no problem.

They still give you wrapped soaps and of course fill the dispenser in the shower. We don't bother with the shampoo as we take our own. :)

Just another way of penny pinching for P&O. Far better to pay a slightly higher price (in some cases) and have the little things thrown in that make all the difference.

It's a far cry from the days when you got shampoo, conditioner, lotion sachets isn't it with P&O.

Bit sad the way it is going, would honestly rather pay more and get more then be subject to the extreme costcutting that is under way at Carnival Aus!!

They do say the stuff in the shower is a combined shampoo/conditioner/soap :eek:

Going on RCCL soon, hope they haven't gone the way of P&O. Will stick to them if they haven't :)

Bit sad the way it is going, would honestly rather pay more and get more then be subject to the extreme costcutting that is under way at Carnival Aus!!

Going on RCCL soon, hope they haven't gone the way of P&O. Will stick to them if they haven't :)

Except for the high end lines, they're all cost cutting. As I recall, RCL is already similiar with toiletries, i.e. the single shower soap/shampoo in a wall dispenser (unless you're in a suite) and a soap for the bathroom.

I don't know what all the fuss is about personally, the stuff they supply makes my skin dry, strips my hair and is totally useless anyway.

I prefer it this way as I always bring my own toiletries...so the cost cutting instead of increase in cost for "crap" suits me totally!

B&B

If the items are available by talking nicely to the room steward, then surely there is no issue? :rolleyes:

Personally I prefer to use my own toiletries which I decant into smaller bottles - enough for the trip plus a bit, just in case!

Toilet tissue can double for tissues also, just use the softer one provided :p

Hi, I went in Sun Princess last January & before the cruise glammed up with a hair colour etc. First time I used their shampoo ( only because I hadn't found mine by then) it stripped the colour back to orange from dark blond & I had to put up with it for the duration so it wont worry me to use my own.

It doesn't matter to me, either, that they have cut out toiletries. I'd far rather use my own, which I know suit my skin and hair. I do like the tissues and face washers, but as I said before, I asked our steward for them, and he obliged straight away, so there was no problem.

Archived