Is beer complimentary on Paul Gaugin?

2417rocky

We have read that wine is complimentary with lunch and dinner. I have just read the reviews from cruise critic, and they say beer & wine with meals. My husband is wanting to know. Also, has anyone done any excursions on their own (outside of going with the ships high prices?) Thanks for your input. Roxanne

We were on the PG in late May/early June. We only had beer with lunch and it was complimentary. I am 99% sure it is also complimentary with dinner. Between the cocktail parties, private motu and other events, it was almost impossible to have to pay for a drink. We did not, hoever, do excursions outside of the ship, other than rent a car on Tahiti. We spoke to people who rented a car on Moorea and drove around themselves and loved it.

Beer and wine are included with lunch.

Beer wine and cocktails are included with dinner.

Don't forget to tell your TA or fill out your Radisson guest information on line and tell them what you would like as your cabin bar set up.

You do this under the comment section.

We found that beer and wine were complimentary with lunch and just about anything was complimentary at dinner. Pre-dinner cosmo, wine with dinner, port or scotch with dessert, baileys in coffee as my dessert. Everyone is right when they say you have to try to spend money.

Tip to the wise: We did actually try to spend money on the ship because we had a huge shipboard credit from our TA. We would have cocktail hour in our suite when the butler brought canapes and then go to the bar to listen to the piano before going to dinner and force ourselves to have another cocktail to spend the money. We were half tipsy by the time we got to dinner most nights! Use it or lose it, we thought. Well, as we were being tranferred to the hotel for our post stay day - a member of the staff came on the bus to tell us we had a credit (it was next to nothing) and that we could get cash for that credit by going to reception! We had a very good laugh - at ourselves - and the creative ways we tried to spend money. We had them give the extra money to our favorite cocktail waiter. God knows he earned it waiting on us every night as we tried to spend all that money!!!

• 12 years later...

Greetings!

Paul Gauguin Cruises offers complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits,beers, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served throughout the ship. Each stateroom and suite also has an in-room refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and bottled water. For more information, please visit: http://www.pgcruises.com/ms-paul-gauguin/whats-included. Since 2009, the m/s Paul Gauguin has been the flagship of Paul Gauguin Cruises.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Be sure to note that this thread is from 2004 except for Caroldoll's post. This was before the PG went all-inclusive.

Whoa! I thought for a minute that I was finally having the flashbacks that they always warned me about!:evilsmile:

Greetings!

Paul Gauguin Cruises offers complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits,beers, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served throughout the ship. Each stateroom and suite also has an in-room refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and bottled water. For more information, please visit: http://www.pgcruises.com/ms-paul-gauguin/whats-included. Since 2009, the m/s Paul Gauguin has been the flagship of Paul Gauguin Cruises.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Finally someone got it right, was just about to say I've never been charged for a drink on the PG but I guess I don't need to say it now. This is one of the real nice things about the PG experience ...... you see another person with a tropical foo foo drink ..... you just ask for one not worrying about the tab :)

We have read that wine is complimentary with lunch and dinner. I have just read the reviews from cruise critic, and they say beer & wine with meals. My husband is wanting to know. Also, has anyone done any excursions on their own (outside of going with the ships high prices?) Thanks for your input. Roxanne

As others have indicated beer included lunch/dinner as well as being stocked in your room fridge......don't light the beer stocked, just mention your preference to your housekeeper and presto out goes the Bud Light and in comes the Hinano!

Finally someone got it right, was just about to say I've never been charged for a drink on the PG but I guess I don't need to say it now. This is one of the real nice things about the PG experience ...... you see another person with a tropical foo foo drink ..... you just ask for one not worrying about the tab :)

Sorry...but the point is

prior to 2004 liquor was not included either on PG or Regent.

I think it was included either 2005 or 2006. Will have to check my pics as we were on the first cruise it was included on....over new year. This was true of both PG and Regent. Wendy, motu and others will remember the discussions about signing a slip impeding conversation.

Old reviews will naturally show only beer and wine included at meals.

All luxury lines include liquor and some mainstream and premium sell liquor packages making much of cruising almost all inclusive.

Edited by Emdee

Sorry...but the point is

prior to 2004 liquor was not included either on PG or Regent.

I think it was included either 2005 or 2006. Will have to check my pics as we were on the first cruise it was included on....over new year. This was true of both PG and Regent. Wendy, motu and others will remember the discussions about signing a slip impeding conversation.

Old reviews will naturally show only beer and wine included at meals.

All luxury lines include liquor and some mainstream and premium sell liquor packages making much of cruising almost all inclusive.

Didn't even notice the OP was posting in 2004 ..........

Who brings up something 13 years ago as it has no baring on today's policy ...... even PG posted today so I'm in good company.

Didn't even notice the OP was posting in 2004 ..........

Who brings up something 13 years ago as it has no baring on today's policy ...... even PG posted today so I'm in good company.

LOL who looks for 13 year old threads?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums