a few questions about excursions

Kizzysmom

Hi there ... we're on the Britannia in October and hubby really want to visit a few places but I have a few mobility issues which could be a problem...

1st he would love to go to the Barcelona football stadium but has read that there are quite a few steps to negotiate and he's worried that i won't be able to manage them...

2nd on his list is Santiago de Compostela how strenuous is the walk from the coach stop to the main square, are there any hills/steps.

any help/advice would really be appreciated...

Hi there ... we're on the Britannia in October and hubby really want to visit a few places but I have a few mobility issues which could be a problem...

1st he would love to go to the Barcelona football stadium but has read that there are quite a few steps to negotiate and he's worried that i won't be able to manage them...

2nd on his list is Santiago de Compostela how strenuous is the walk from the coach stop to the main square, are there any hills/steps.

Kizzysmom, if you go on the P&O website and look at the descriptions of their tours, they usually give a good indication of whether they are suitable for people with mobility issues, how much walking is involved, whether there are lots of stairs/uneven surfaces, etc.

As far as Barca's stadium is concerned, haven't been there but if it's like any big stadium or arena there are bound to be lots of steps if you're moving around the different levels: changing rooms to pitch level, for example, or pitch level to directors' boxes.

It's a long time since I went to Santiago de Compostela, but I don't recall it being hilly at all. I think it's about a 15 minute walk and flat, but check the P&O website. If they say where the drop-off point is, you could look at it on Google Maps and judge for yourself whether it's doable for you.

I was in Santiago de Compostela recently and it's not very hilly but there's an uneven surface as you often find in an old town with cobbles, different levels etc. It's not easy to move around IMO/ The Cathedral is accessible via lots of steps to the door but I vaguely remember signs for disabled access. I found this website which may tell you more

http://www.accessiblespaintravel.com/locations/santiago-de-compostela/

I have been to the stadium and yes there are a lot of steps, I do not recall seeing disabled access. The most steps are the initial access to the stadium, after that not as much. If you possibly can take your time and try it. My wife is not a football fan, but she also thoroughly enjoyed it too. I would recommended it to anyone even non football fans, it's a wonderful experience

I too have mobility problems, but my partner loves to walk, so on our recent cruise we each did different excursions at two ports. I did the easy coach trips while he did the tough walking. We went together on others. It worked out very well.

I too have mobility problems, but my partner loves to walk, so on our recent cruise we each did different excursions at two ports. I did the easy coach trips while he did the tough walking. We went together on others. It worked out very well.

We have often done separate trips, I find it quite relaxing. I often ditch the guided tours in towns and do it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums