Celebrity Constellation Cruise Ship Delayed in Barcelona For Two Days Post Dry Dock D

LauraS

Yes, I was sailing on this cruise, currently sitting in a hotel room in Barcelona with my fingers crossed that Connie will be good to go on Sunday

So how much of this

Celebrity is being forced to accommodate passengers in Barcelona over the weekend as the ship is at sea being tested.

The line is compensating passengers for the missed ports, extra hotel and meal expenses, and offering onboard spending credits. Celebrity is also ensuring those passengers who were planning to attend the Monaco Grand Prix get to see it.

is true ? Are you being taken care of ? Good luck .

We are in a very nice hotel. Last night a city tour was offered, only 8 of us from our hotel took advantage of this offer. There was a sign up desk in the lobby, so unless you looked for it you didn't see it. A couple of tours offered today and a Flamenco show tonight. From how I understand it, compensation will be given for 2days , price varies depending upon room type. Also obc, given to cover our meals while at Hotel. Any obc not used will be refunded. I am not attending grand prix , so limited knowledge. I have heard that they have chartered planes to take people to Monaco, arranged lodgings also, they will meet up with ship in Genoa. Even those who booked independent grand prix outings are invited to use free chartered planes, and lodging. It seems like Celebrity is doing all they can to make a bad situation better. I am grateful that I am not at sea on a ship with no power or aircondioning !!! Just gotta make the best of it,,,I'm on vacation! :)

We're just waiting for the tour guides to pick us up and to get back on the coaches to Nice. At best I think we will be back in BCN about 9-9:30pm, assuming the Mexican party stop playing musical chairs like the did on the way out. A very long, frustrating day but we did at least get to see qualifying as planned.

Consider yourself lucky. We are also on the Constellation delayed trip. We went to the pier on the original sail date, and were told of the delay. Whoever checked in at the same time as us, were given info on compensation and sent on a bus to a hotel. The bus driver dropped us off and left. This hotel said no room, you aren't booked here. After many of the twenty or so in our group called every number available forcelebrity or Inter cruise Inc, we found hotel #2. We were told to take taxis and all did. Hotel #2 said no rooms, you aren't here. After several more hours and many phone calls, the group made our way by taxi to hotel #3, which after discussion booked is in. This hotel was far out from our original locations, was not near as nice, and Celebrity never sent anyone to update us. Those of us lucky enough to be on an email list, got done update from Celebrity about possible day options, but Friday was almost six hours spent getting into a hotel. So yes, they are paying for the hotel and per diem, but air conditioning, hot water, and shampoo will be greatly appreciated if we get on the new and improved Constellation.

Consider yourself lucky. We are also on the Constellation delayed trip. We went to the pier on the original sail date, and were told of the delay. Whoever checked in at the same time as us, were given info on compensation and sent on a bus to a hotel. The bus driver dropped us off and left. This hotel said no room, you aren't booked here. After many of the twenty or so in our group called every number available forcelebrity or Inter cruise Inc, we found hotel #2. We were told to take taxis and all did. Hotel #2 said no rooms, you aren't here. After several more hours and many phone calls, the group made our way by taxi to hotel #3, which after discussion booked is in. This hotel was far out from our original locations, was not near as nice, and Celebrity never sent anyone to update us. Those of us lucky enough to be on an email list, got done update from Celebrity about possible day options, but Friday was almost six hours spent getting into a hotel. So yes, they are paying for the hotel and per diem, but air conditioning, hot water, and shampoo will be greatly appreciated if we get on the new and improved Constellation.

I hope Celebrity are paying, after it being made to feel at the airport from Monaco that the incentive group was more important, despite them contributing to us being delayed both ends, we get to the hotel to find no info about morning transfers, and a slightly awkward conversation that sounded as if we *might* have to pay and claim back. I am​ really hoping that it's a lost in translation, and that after more sleep tonight than most of us have had in the last 48/72 hours it will all work out okay.

I feel for those GP'ing in the morning - most back at same time as us and are to be back at BCN for 5:15-5:30am:o

ETA: have two delivered letters, both the same bar dates, and theyre the same letter (albeit with the correct hotel name on now) given to us on Friday. Oh and a bottle of wine too.

We were going to go to port at 9am to get by the pool and relax. But after listening to the threats of litigation from some guests etc. I don't want to witness innocent staff getting their rears verbally attacked for something that had no part in. We're going to lie in, get either the transfer mid morning, or a taxi and mooch in.

On a side note - some of the senior management need to reaquaint themselves with the art of handling guests. Others, like Lorenzo and Alex have been superb and have saved quite a few sticky situations for X.

Edited by koopmae

Hear obc $2000 plus inclusive drinks on board for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Dang. That's pretty generous.

I mean, I know this was a colossal screw-up, and clearly some of the reports said the way the immediate issues were handled in Barcelona said it wasn't nearly as smooth as it was on paper, but that's quite a bit more than just pro-rating the missed days.

Still, all my sympathy to those who had a dream trip messed up.

Hear obc $2000 plus inclusive drinks on board for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

From the roll call it appears that the OBC varies depending on the category of cabin. The $2000 is for suites I think, going down to $1,200 for Aqua etc.

Someone on the ship may be able to provide some more information.

There are tiers of OBC for the room type, all have been issued an amount per Diem 'fund' and receipts to be submitted for reimbursement of other expenses such as taxi fares and calls to US. Some people will betting more as they've shouted far louder, threatened lawsuits because of stress and lack of enjoyment etc.

For some it might mean you are quids in, depending on the original fare you paid - one guy was mentioning he got a cracking deal with OBC and drinks on a guarantee room, and the credit has meant he's about $800 up. Those that have lost out on GP are still pending confirmation that reimbursement will be granted, and others might still lose out somewhere.