Triumph staggered check in time not showing up?

alleycat11481

We are sailing from the Triumph on August 28th, 17 (40th bday) and we do not have choices of times. I will be checking in late due to wanting to spend the day in the French Quarter! So 2 or 3 check in for us! :D

FYI, we just got our passports in the mail today so I was entering the info on our booking and saw that the choice to pick a check in time is now there for the 8/28 Triumph cruise.

Could be that all the earlier times are full already and 12-3pm is when things slow down?

I can't find the option to choose a check in time. When I preview my documents it says my check in time is 12:30-3:00 PM. Anyone else having check in time issues? I thought maybe it is because the cruise isn't until December 9th, but others have said they were able to choose a check in time a year in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I can't find the option to choose a check in time. When I preview my documents it says my check in time is 12:30-3:00 PM. Anyone else having check in time issues? I thought maybe it is because the cruise isn't until December 9th, but others have said they were able to choose a check in time a year in advance.

On-line check-in time is now available for Triumph 12/09/2017 cruise.

I am not sure about something. I was able to pick our check in time online, but I was not sure if check in was the same as boarding. does my time mean I will be able to check in at 11:30 then board, or will we have to sit around and wait?

On our March cruise, we had 4 cabins and had little ones in one cabin. We bought FTTF for that cabin so we could put all the carryons down and then we sorted to the other cabins after we had access to all of them. We all had 10:30 check in time so we all went on board together.

Edited by isaiahsnana
more info

Per the Carnival website concerning arrival appointment time. This is a direct copy/paste.

Q: When can I select my arrival appointment time online?

A: Arrival appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation, for sailings within six months of departure.

I am not sure about something. I was able to pick our check in time online, but I was not sure if check in was the same as boarding. does my time mean I will be able to check in at 11:30 then board, or will we have to sit around and wait?

On our March cruise, we had 4 cabins and had little ones in one cabin. We bought FTTF for that cabin so we could put all the carryons down and then we sorted to the other cabins after we had access to all of them. We all had 10:30 check in time so we all went on board together.

I believe check-in time is just when they let you in the door to start the process of checking in. So I assume you will be able to go in and stand in line at that time. Though it may be an hour before you are actually on the ship, hopefully, less.

For our 11/11 sailing on Carnival Magic, both FTTF and "Arrival Appointments" (staggered check-in) appeared at the same time, 168 days prior to the cruise. (FTTF was gone within hours.)