Elua Schedule 2016-17

Elua

Aloha Kakou,

Greetings from Hilo, Hi! Leialoha and I are just back from the Diamond Princess and Japan. It was a wonderful contract, but we are ready to be home for a little while to rest, and to get things ready for our upcoming Hawaiian season.

As promised, here is our schedule for the 2016-17 Hawaiian season. These only reflect through November 2017, so we will not know where we are assigned for the remainder of next season. We are very pleased that Princess saw fit to grant our request for the Star, and we have many wonderful things in store for our guests.

September 24, 2016 Vancouver, BC-Hawaii-Vancouver, BC

October 26, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

November 20, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

December 5, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

December 20, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 4, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 19, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 23, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 7, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 22, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

March 13, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

April 21, 2017 Vancouver, BC-Hawai'i-Vancouver, BC

September 23, 2016 Vancouver, BC-Hawai'i-Vancouver, BC

November 4, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

Please join us for one of these cruises, as there will be the beautiful, nahenahe sounds of Hawaiian music, ukulele classes, hula classes, Hawaiian crafting and lei making, lectures on Hawaiian culture, specially chosen movies and shows and of course the aloha spirit that will permeate the air both going to the islands, as well as the return trip.

This will be our 10th season leading the Hawaiian enrichment program for Princess, and we can't wait to see as many of you as possible!

A Hui Hou,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Hiya, Dave...say hello to Leialoha for us, would you?

Is your Sept 23 2016 a typo?

We will try to sail with you again one of these years...we are off to Rome on Royal this October.

Steve & Pete

We were very excited to hear that you and Leialoha will be on the Star - Wife, sons and I are even more excited about the Holidays in Hawaii now!

Let me practice- Mele Kalikimaka :D

We were very excited to hear that you and Leialoha will be on the Star - Wife, sons and I are even more excited about the Holidays in Hawaii now!

Let me practice- Mele Kalikimaka :D

You'll need to practice another phrase...Hau'oli Makahiki Hou...Happy New Year!

We'll see your sad faces disembarking the ship on 1/4/17 and you'll see the eager smile of joy on our faces in anticipation of another great Hawaiian cruise & even mo bettah with Eula onboard! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 8 months later...

Hi! Do you know your plans for December 2017? Not sure if you'll be on the Grand or the Star (hoping the answer is the Star, since that's what we're sailing on for the Christmas cruise). Thanks, -Jen

Aloha Kakou,

Greetings from Hilo, Hi! Leialoha and I are just back from the Diamond Princess and Japan. It was a wonderful contract, but we are ready to be home for a little while to rest, and to get things ready for our upcoming Hawaiian season.

As promised, here is our schedule for the 2016-17 Hawaiian season. These only reflect through November 2017, so we will not know where we are assigned for the remainder of next season. We are very pleased that Princess saw fit to grant our request for the Star, and we have many wonderful things in store for our guests.

September 24, 2016 Vancouver, BC-Hawaii-Vancouver, BC

October 26, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

November 20, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

December 5, 2016 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 4, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 19, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

January 23, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 7, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

February 22, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

March 13, 2017 Los Angeles, CA-Hawai'i-Los Angeles, CA

Please join us for one of these cruises, as there will be the beautiful, nahenahe sounds of Hawaiian music, ukulele classes, hula classes, Hawaiian crafting and lei making, lectures on Hawaiian culture, specially chosen movies and shows and of course the aloha spirit that will permeate the air both going to the islands, as well as the return trip.

This will be our 10th season leading the Hawaiian enrichment program for Princess, and we can't wait to see as many of you as possible!

A Hui Hou,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Hi Dave. We are planning to sail with you again in November 2017. FYI, I think you meant to say that you will be on the 11/14/17 cruise, not 11/4/17. I sincerely hope so. My husband and I are still playing our ukuleles after you wonderful lessons!

Linda

It's really a bummer that only the LA folks get this type of experience. Those who sail to Hawaii from SF are just out of luck. :(

Makani E are the Hawaiian Ambassadors on the Grand Princess.

They are on Facebook too. Loved the hula class too.

There are four couples doing Princess Cruises Hawaiian Immersion Program. Elua is out of Los Angeles. San Francisco had Makani 'E , Tui & Maile Letuli and now Brian & Rowena Vasquez on Grand Princess. Makani 'E is now doing 4 months (April to August 2017) on Diamond Princess, then Tui & Maile will do August to mid November also on Diamond out of Japan. Brian and Rowena did the first leg of Pacific Princess World Cruise in January, then on to Grand Princess for 5 Hawaii cruises and will go to Emerald Princess for their Papeete/South Pacific cruise early October and finish off Grand again to Hawaii on October 29, 2017. They should all get their new Cruise Schedule some time in June or July.

• 1 month later...
Hi Dave. We are planning to sail with you again in November 2017. FYI, I think you meant to say that you will be on the 11/14/17 cruise, not 11/4/17. I sincerely hope so. My husband and I are still playing our ukuleles after you wonderful lessons!

Linda

I hope he meant 11/14/17 on Star as that is the date we have planned too! Linda did you bring your own ukulele? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good Mine Gal, we started by playing their ukuleles. We had such a good time that we picked up our own ukuleles in Hilo. If you are planning on trying the ukulele on board and do not have your own, get to the first class very early to be sure you get one of their instruments. A lot of people take the class and they have a limited number available

Linda

Good Mine Gal, we started by playing their ukuleles. We had such a good time that we picked up our own ukuleles in Hilo. If you are planning on trying the ukulele on board and do not have your own, get to the first class very early to be sure you get one of their instruments. A lot of people take the class and they have a limited number available

Linda

Thank you for the tip. I am looking forward to enjoying this activity.

I hope he meant 11/14/17 on Star as that is the date we have planned too! Linda did you bring your own ukulele? Thanks!

Aloha Kakou!

Yes, I meant that date...the changes to the website happened after I posted the original dates. The dates not he website and from Princess will always be the correct ones.

Right now, the only confirmed date that Leialoha and I have is the one in September. We are tentatively scheduled for the the October and November ones as well, but will not know for certain until a little later this summer. As to the rest of the season, we will find out those when we get the confirmations for October and November.

As soon as I receive the dates, I will post them here and on our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/daveshellymusic

So don't take a ukuleles with u? This is our first Hawaiian cruise we r going April 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to take a ukulele. They usually have 60 to 70 soprano ukuleles available. However, it is a very popular class and they go quickly. We got there almost 45 minutes before the first class started and there was already a line. If you get a ukulele that first day, you get one for the rest of the cruise (they take down cabin numbers). If you have your own, bring it. Several people did. We are going to bring ours in November!

Linda

You don't need to take a ukulele. They usually have 60 to 70 soprano ukuleles available. However, it is a very popular class and they go quickly. We got there almost 45 minutes before the first class started and there was already a line. If you get a ukulele that first day, you get one for the rest of the cruise (they take down cabin numbers). If you have your own, bring it. Several people did. We are going to bring ours in November!

Linda

Aloha,

I will always suggest if people ask, that they bring their own ukulele. That way they are assured of a place in the program. I run my classes a little differently then the others in that I do a progressive program, which necessitates people signing up for the classes after the first session and getting an ukulele. I usually try to sign out the ukuleles to the guests after the second class so they will have something to practice on, either until they buy their own in the islands or for the remainder of the cruise.

We always have a great time in class, so I look forward to seeing you there!

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/daveshellymusic