Valet Parking at Terminal

mistshar

I just called them to ask about pricing and they told me it is something they are trying. Pricing to park upon arrival $70, Online Reservations $65. I am considering parking right at the Cruise Terminal Lots as we have a Car to return back to Bush afterwards and thinking this would save us a lot of time vs waiting on the Hotel shuttle ( LQ Inn West Seawall. Pricing with tax at the Galveston Park N Cruise Covered $ 92, across the Street, uncovered about $10 less.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I have an email from them and it says it is $140.00 for the week. I am not talking about regular port parking but the new valet parking where they take your car and park it and then bring it to you when you return from the cruise.

I wanted to hear from someone who has actually used it to see how the process went.

Thank you for your comment though and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Carol, I asked about it initially but she didn't elaborate on it other then they were trying it out, so didn't get a price quote. Have a wonderful cruise as well. Closer to our leaving I possibly will check again with them.

Thank you for clarifying. Here is the email I received from them when I asked about the price for disabled veterans. I knew it was free at the port parking for disabled veterans. I am taking a wheelchair and I thought it would be great to use the valet if it is working well.

"The valet will not be offered complimentary or discounted for Disabled American Veterans. Those complimentary spaces will be in Lots A and B. As far as the procedure if you opt for valet, they are at the terminal. You pay them with credit card, $20 per day for 7 day cruises only. They park your card, when you come back, you would text before you go in to customs. They will have vehicles staged at the terminal and if yours is not one of them, they will retrieve it for you while you are going through customs. The valet staff will explain this more detailed at time of arrival. We should have it available for prepayment soon enough as well."

Maybe we will be able to find out more soon when people start using it, if they do.

Please let me know if you find out anything more. Thanks!

Hi Carol, I certainly will relay any further information. I also checked across the street but they wanted about the same when the Tax got added, so felt for us and DH who doesn't walk well long distances, we would be better off at the Terminal Lots.My other option will be to leave out our Hotel, the LQ West Seawall for $50 but then I have to call the number for the hotel shuttle which could take up to 12 to 15 minutes, go back to Hotel and get car and get on the road back to IAH for a 2:15 PM flight. I think I would prefer the car at the terminal lots

Gay

I just checked concerning the valet parking and you can now book on the site but it only goes through Dec. so we aren't able to book ours yet. Maybe they will extend it but if they don't maybe there will still be other parking available.

Edited by mistshar

I have considered parking at the Cruise Port Parking lots vs across the street, but have read it can be difficult getting out of the parking lot and we can leave our car at the LaQuinta Inn West Seawall for $50, we will need to call the Hotel Shuttle for a pick up so either way we can be looking at a good 30 minutes from the time we get curbside, out to the car and able to leave so at the moment we will leave the car at the Hotel. We need to drive back to IAH to return the car.

I have considered parking at the Cruise Port Parking lots vs across the street, but have read it can be difficult getting out of the parking lot and we can leave our car at the LaQuinta Inn West Seawall for $50, we will need to call the Hotel Shuttle for a pick up so either way we can be looking at a good 30 minutes from the time we get curbside, out to the car and able to leave so at the moment we will leave the car at the Hotel. We need to drive back to IAH to return the car.

We have parked across the street our last 2 cruises. Once at Park N Cruise and once at VIP. We like both of them but decided that since they have valet parking now and hopefully they will still have it when we cruise, we would try it. Since I am using a wheelchair, we feel it would be so convenient to do that.

When we parked across the street we were able to get on the road about 8:30. It was very easy.

Carol I can truly understand your wanting to use the valet service, it would be a tremendous help for you. We plan to do self disembarking for our July 2, 2017 cruise. I may change my mind regarding where we park, as it would be nice to have the car close by. For those who have used the cruise parking, is there a shuttle to your car or do you walk over on your own. I need to consider my husband as he has trouble walking long distances, will be 84 and in that heat, I will need to determine what I feel is the best.

Gay

• 6 months later...

Hi all - I understand this thread is about 6 months old now, but wanted to bump and see if anyone has yet to book the valet parking and what your experience was? I'm about ready to pre-book parking and thought this could be really great in getting us off the ship and out of Galveston fairly quickly.

Thoughts?

Hi all - I understand this thread is about 6 months old now, but wanted to bump and see if anyone has yet to book the valet parking and what your experience was? I'm about ready to pre-book parking and thought this could be really great in getting us off the ship and out of Galveston fairly quickly.

Thoughts?

Maybe someone will post that has used it. I have already booked it. The info they sent me said that they park your car in a several story parking garage.

I would like to hear from someone with experience though and find out how it went.

When are you cruising. If I go first, I will try to remember to come back and report how it went when we return.

Nevermind, I just saw that you are going before us. Have a great cruise!

It looks like I cruise about a month before you!

I'm super tempted. We had a good experience just parking at EZCruise last July. The shuttle was there and ready to go when we got off the ship. For Valet, I'm worried about standing in a line and waiting a long time while they retrieve our car. Googling for reviews gets me nowhere.

This is the info they sent me after I booked our parking.

Miscellaneous Information:

Valet Instructions:

You will arrive to the terminal your ship is docked at and drop off luggage before proceeding toward the valet. Please print this reservation or show the electronic copy to the valet upon arrival. The valet will give you instructions on retrieval of your vehicle when you return. The valet will then drive your vehicle to our multi-level parking garage located at 25th Street and Harborside Drive, directly across from Terminal 1. There are no online prepayment discounts for valet parking.

Hours for Valet are from 9am to 3pm Taxes and Fees: All taxes and fees are included in the cost of the ticket. Modification Policy: Changes can be made to parking reservations by emailing parking@portofgalveston.com. We can modify driver's names, number of vehicles, and dates. Requests must be emailed Cancellation Policy: You can cancel parking reservations on our website, www.portgalvestonparking.com 24 hrs prior to the cruise sailing. A refund request after a cruise has taken place will require more time to process and must be requested in writing. Refunds can take up to 10 business days to process. Please email these refund requests to parking@portofgalveston.com. Refund Policy: We fully refund prepaid reservations Driving Directions: CRUISE TERMINAL LOCATIONS:

Terminal Number 1

2502 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

Terminal Number 2

2702 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

The email that I received this from is reservations@smartreservationservices.com.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about booking Valet parking for our June 25th cruise. Did you find it convenient and easy to use?

Valet Instructions:

You will arrive to the terminal your ship is docked at and drop off luggage before proceeding toward the valet. Please print this reservation or show the electronic copy to the valet upon arrival. The valet will give you instructions on retrieval of your vehicle when you return. The valet will then drive your vehicle to our multi-level parking garage located at 25th Street and Harborside Drive, directly across from Terminal 1. There are no online prepayment discounts for valet parking.

Hours for Valet are from 9am to 3pm Taxes and Fees: All taxes and fees are included in the cost of the ticket. Modification Policy: Changes can be made to parking reservations by emailing parking@portofgalveston.com. We can modify driver's names, number of vehicles, and dates. Requests must be emailed Cancellation Policy: You can cancel parking reservations on our website, www.portgalvestonparking.com 24 hrs prior to the cruise sailing. A refund request after a cruise has taken place will require more time to process and must be requested in writing. Refunds can take up to 10 business days to process. Please email these refund requests to parking@portofgalveston.com. Refund Policy: We fully refund prepaid reservations Driving Directions: CRUISE TERMINAL LOCATIONS:

Terminal Number 1

2502 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

Terminal Number 2

2702 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

The email that I received this from is reservations@smartreservationservices.com.

I was thinking about booking Valet parking for our June 25th cruise. Did you find it convenient and easy to use?

Yes, it was very easy. We just pulled up in front of the terminal and they come over and take care of everything. When you come out after returning you walk across the "street" and show them your ticket. They already have the cars parked close so they just go get it. They suggest that you take a picture of your ticket with your phone in case you lose the ticket.

We plan to use it again next April. It is so convenient especially if you have mobility issues or have a scooter/wheelchair.

Thank you so much. I am traveling with my 2 young boys and mother so this seems to be so convenient.

Yes, it was very easy. We just pulled up in front of the terminal and they come over and take care of everything. When you come out after returning you walk across the "street" and show them your ticket. They already have the cars parked close so they just go get it. They suggest that you take a picture of your ticket with your phone in case you lose the ticket.

We plan to use it again next April. It is so convenient especially if you have mobility issues or have a scooter/wheelchair.

• 1 month later...
I am going on RCCL in September and I'm using the valet parking. Has anyone used this?

Yes, we have used it and really liked it. If you see my post above I explain our experience.

Hope this helps.

Valet Instructions:

Terminal Number 1

2502 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

Terminal Number 2

2702 Harborside Dr.

Galveston, TX 77550

I have been on the Port of Galveston website to book the valet parking for an upcoming 7-day Royal Caribbean cruise. When I click on the link PRE-PAY VALET PARKING it takes me to the screen requesting ship and date information. However, the options that then appear are regular or oversized vehicle, regular for $70 and oversized for $140. I have not yet taken the step to fill in the credit card information. I was expecting the cost to be $20/day or $140 for the week (not $70) for a regular sized vehicle. Have I somehow missed a step? For me, user error is quite possible. Thanks. Lynne

I have been on the Port of Galveston website to book the valet parking for an upcoming 7-day Royal Caribbean cruise. When I click on the link PRE-PAY VALET PARKING it takes me to the screen requesting ship and date information. However, the options that then appear are regular or oversized vehicle, regular for $70 and oversized for $140. I have not yet taken the step to fill in the credit card information. I was expecting the cost to be $20/day or $140 for the week (not $70) for a regular sized vehicle. Have I somehow missed a step? For me, user error is quite possible. Thanks. Lynne

I just looked at the booking page and it has a choice of parking, ie outside or inside or valet. It is 140 for valet but no oversized vehicles. You pick what you want when you put in ship and date then click on how long a drop down comes then look down for valet or whatever you want.