Guest Speakers

pollardtom

Hello,

Our first cruise is the WB TA on the 19th November on the Queen Mary 2. The guest speakers have just been announced and we were a bit disappointed. It looks to me that if your not really into the military, or military history, there's not going to be much of interest.

What do you think the chances are of other speakers being added?

Thanks

Tom

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Speakers

We are booked on the same TA. I share your disappointment with the line-up of speakers so far. But there are usually more than 3 so I would expect another 2 or 3 to be added. I hope that will be the case and hope the list will offer more variety.

We have crossed many times so we wish you a great first crossing. I'm confident you will thoroughly enjoy the experience. We always do!

I don't see any speakers for our cruise (QE to the Canary Islands dep September 25, 2017 - noted as cruise Q730). I keep checking for this info on the Cunard website. Am I just looking in the wrong place? What is the best way to get info on the speakers? Thx.

As a military enthusiast I'd be delighted except that when I googled 'Susan Humphries Military Historian' I found nowt.

The best military speaker I've ever experienced on Cunard was Lord Richard Dannatt. It was even more enjoyable to find myself sharing a table with him in the Queens Grill.

At the time he was still the Constable of the Tower of London. Fascinating conversations but I mustn't digress. :D

Hello,

Our first cruise is the WB TA on the 19th November on the Queen Mary 2. The guest speakers have just been announced and we were a bit disappointed. It looks to me that if your not really into the military, or military history, there's not going to be much of interest.

Thanks

Tom

I suppose you could always look on the bright side Tom.

You're not going to have to listen to Johnny Prescott or Lembit Öpik .:o

I don't see any speakers for our cruise (QE to the Canary Islands dep September 25, 2017 - noted as cruise Q730). I keep checking for this info on the Cunard website. Am I just looking in the wrong place? What is the best way to get info on the speakers? Thx.

Dai Davies - Scotland Yard

Alan Hunt - Diplomacy & World Affairs

[/url]

I suppose you could always look on the bright side Tom.

You're not going to have to listen to Johnny Prescott or Lembit Öpik.:o

I have been on two cruises with Lembit Opik and he is a delightful, nice and kind man. He joined in with all the ship's activities and everyone thought he was fab. He also knocked up a very interesting quiz to fill in some time.

As for John Prescott.....he was on a cruise with me last year as a private guest. I had better not say anything regarding his behaviour on board.......except not so much man of the people as man of the senior officers.

Incidentally, Thelma Barlow MBE was also on the same cruise as a guest and she was a delight.

Hello,

Thanks

Tom

On any cruise you can be lucky or unlucky, we never pick a cruise knowing who the Guest Speakers are. I think one of the most interesting talks we have been too was by a senior member of the famous Flying Squad, very interesting and yet very funny. We are going on the Queen Victoria early June and in think all the Guest Speakers will ybe talking about flowers etc, not our scene, but we selected this cruise in hope of some good weather.:cool:

Dai Davies - Scotland Yard

Alan Hunt - Diplomacy & World Affairs

Many thanks Ray66! I had been checking http://www.cunard.com/Documents/Enrichment/QEinsights_2017.pdf which has speakers for many cruises before and after ours but not the one we are on. So it is good to know there is another place that does include our cruise. It does seem odd that two different places at cunard.com has this info and that they each have different info. I'm hoping there are more than just 2 so there is a little more variety but while I don't know either of these speakers, I am looking forward to finding out what they have to offer.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/QE__insights.pdf

That's the location of a file on your own Windows PC.

Try here for QE: http://www.cunard.com/Documents/Enrichment/QEinsights_2017.pdf

For some reason that pdf doesn't list the 25th September cruise which Carnevale enquired about. You need to click on the link I provided above, select Queen Elizabeth and then open it with Adobe to find the speakers for that cruise (Dai Davies and Alan Hunt)

• 1 month later...

As others have written, you can be lucky or unlucky with the speakers. There will probably also be someone speaking on something related to entertainment, movies, stage, etc.

As others have written, you can be lucky or unlucky with the speakers. There will probably also be someone speaking on something related to entertainment, movies, stage, etc.

off topic tv24........did you stay at Dazzler in Brooklyn and what did you think? Thanks.

Barbara

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the speakers. I seem to recall that in the five crossings we've done, only one speaker was a bit of a letdown. Can't remember his name, but his subject was interesting, unfortunately his delivery left a lot to be desired - such a shame. Having said that, he still filled the auditorium so he must have been doing something right :)

I'm still waiting for the 2018 lists to be published. Cunard must know who's going to be speaking, certainly for the first half of next year, if not the whole. They are such a tease :D

Enjoy your cruise and prepare to be hooked.

Hello,

Thanks

Tom

Worst thing about this site is the overuse of abbreviations. Prey tell me what does WB mean. I could only come up with Wobbly Boat.