Is there a Good place to Stay in Ft Lauderdale that isn't an arm and a leg in price?

Garrett2000

We were in Ft Lauderdale when we were leaving for our last cruise. There were 7 of us so traveling and staying together for transportation was interesting. We realized it was the end of Spring Break for some areas and others the beginning. We stayed at the Bahia Mar (A Double Tree by Hilton) . They do not have an airport shuttle so rather than hire 2 taxis we ended up renting a car then had to pay parking at the hotel. No free breakfast . We came in on a late flight after traveling most of the day and half the night . Called while in route and first stop to pre-check in so they would have a roll away bed for our granddaughter in our room. We were hoping that we could just crawl into bed when we got there . (I spoke to the hotel 4 different times prior to this call with the same request.) It took 4-5 trips after calls to get the bed and ALL the bedding for it. Got there around 1a.m. and finally got most of it by 3a.m. The price was almost $600 for 2 nights and $ 28 a night for parking

The service was rotten, the beds were terrible to sleep on and the room was not very clean. There has to be something better than this for less money in the area....Help

If memory serves (and the photos look similar) we stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Airport/Cruise Port. It had a shuttle (which we had to call for) from the airport and provided a shuttle to the cruise port for a small fee. What I would recommend is doing a search on a travel website of your choice, searching cruise port in the name of the hotel. The hotel information will generally indicate if they have shuttles for airport transfer as well as to the cruise port. I know the Quality Inn also had a free continental breakfast and I'm sure others do as well.

Hope the next trip goes a little more smoothly for you.