Thursday, May 4th Weigh-in

Hello Friends,

Hubby and I are really busy so couldn't start the thread this morning. Actually, haven't shared this but we sold our house and are moving.

We live in wine country in CA We are moving to the Sacramento area. Buying a much bigger, new house and have a hefty profit from the sale.

I lost the 1 lb. I gained last week. But, uh-oh, the scale is packed. We are moving into the new house next Thursday so not sure I will be able to post.

Hope everyone did well. Diana

Yea to you and your family on your new home! Down 1 1/2 lbs this week. Great come back after my recent trip. My goal for next week is 2 lbs. 17 lbs to go to hit my target weight. B2B cruises a few months away. Should be able to hit my target. Red happy cruising next week!

Good morning. First weigh in for me. Down 3 lbs. Really being honest about my calorie tracking. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Congratulations on your house sale.

Jules

No progress yet this week, but I've been sticking to my calorie limit so I'm hoping for my "whoosh" over the weekend. As long as I get a little bit of progress by Monday, I'm happy, since that's the day I write down my weight on my calendar.

Up less than 1/2 a lb .. Not a great week but have been working too much and not enough gym time.. Diana congrats on the new home. Great job everyone for not just losing but staying positive and trying to get healthier... Take care all Rob

Hello Friends,

Hubby and I are really busy so couldn't start the thread this morning. Actually, haven't shared this but we sold our house and are moving.

We live in wine country in CA We are moving to the Sacramento area. Buying a much bigger, new house and have a hefty profit from the sale.

I lost the 1 lb. I gained last week. But, uh-oh, the scale is packed. We are moving into the new house next Thursday so not sure I will be able to post.

Hope everyone did well. Diana

I grew up in Folsom, CA. Hubbies family still lives there. Nice area! Good luck with your move!

Welp, pretty much stayed the same. down .2 lbs. Not really trying lately. Hence the up a lb down a lb routine. I'm just trying to be good! If I lose too much my swim skirt won't fit anymore - hahaha After my next cruise I think I will 'try' harder. haha

Welp, pretty much stayed the same. down .2 lbs. Not really trying lately. Hence the up a lb down a lb routine. I'm just trying to be good! If I lose too much my swim skirt won't fit anymore - hahaha After my next cruise I think I will 'try' harder. haha

Don't give up.

I think you're making excuses about the swim skirt not fitting and trying harder after your next cruise because you're frustrated and not seeing much progress. But I think we both know that you really want to lose the weight, otherwise you would not have tried in the first place.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going—even if you slow down a bit and lose weight at an easier pace. Losing 10 lbs over six months is still better than throwing up your hands and saying you'll "try again" at some undetermined later date that we all know will never come.

I know it's daunting because significant weight loss takes a long time, but that time is going to pass regardless. Even if it takes three years—at the end of those three years you'll be saying "I did it!" instead of helping even more hopeless over all the time wasted.

Hi all!

Diana ~ congratulations on the new house & profitable sale of your current home.(y)

Strophic ~ those are encouraging words, thanks.

I've be done in by chocolate hence the 0.4 lb gain.:o

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Down 4 lbs. this week. Probably not a good sign for next week.

If it helps, you could consider it as 2 lbs lost this week, with a preemptive 2 lbs lost for next week :)

Don't give up.

I think you're making excuses about the swim skirt not fitting and trying harder after your next cruise because you're frustrated and not seeing much progress. But I think we both know that you really want to lose the weight, otherwise you would not have tried in the first place.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going—even if you slow down a bit and lose weight at an easier pace. Losing 10 lbs over six months is still better than throwing up your hands and saying you'll "try again" at some undetermined later date that we all know will never come.

I know it's daunting because significant weight loss takes a long time, but that time is going to pass regardless. Even if it takes three years—at the end of those three years you'll be saying "I did it!" instead of helping even more hopeless over all the time wasted.

Thanks for the pick me up.

I have lost 20 over a year an a half. And I know. Losing really really slow means better chance of keeping it off for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This Ireland is growing on me...

Got 15 miles of walking in the past 3 days, not eating too much, and first beer since arriving. Can't get enough water down, gotta work on that.

Great bunch of posts this week - hang in there everyone. 70fd7a628ebd5a7e3bac9f329ccc665a.jpg0b973d5cd1fcd478a18d40e66c3becdd.jpgfe76d69a96545baa73d5bdf4d26725b2.jpg

HI all!

shootr ~ looks like you're having a great time! Wow, re the wall picture, looks like suspended animation! Like your cap.

I've been catching up on my magazine reading & there was a lot of talk in the Zoomers one about putting on weight around the middle after age 40 & different ways of losing weight. They wrote about WW, 5:2, 16:8 & not eating anything after 7:00 pm which I think would be what I should do. When doing MFP a LOT of my calories were in the evening. The article also suggested getting enough, & the right kind of sleep is important. I found the article very interesting especially the statement

"Emotions play a big part in whether we are motivated to change our behaviours".

See you Thursday!

~ Jo ~ :)