Melia vs. Breezes

BachelorettrBound

It's an older property but I wouldn't say "shabby". My main complaint when we stayed there for a long weekend was that our room was really basic. But what difference do the rooms make if you're just there for a day pass? :) The beach is nice, the drinks are strong and there's a buffet as well as an outdoor grill. It just depends on what you're looking for.

Here are links to some pictures, if you want to check it out. The first link is when we were there on a day pass. The second link is when we stayed there for a long weekend.

http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2014/07/majesty-of-seas-anniversary-cruise.html

http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/01/breezes-nassau.html

Have been to both. If I was to go back it would be to Breezes. Easy access to everything. We did the number 10 going and coming from the resort. Very easy and the locals were really helpful. $1.25 each way! What ever resort you chose, I would bring a chilly mug from home. There is no beach service, you walk for your drinks by the pool and with the heat they melt quickly, not to mention the cups are smaller that what you typically find in Mexico. Great service all around and great food on the grille.

If you decide on Breezes, check on their website for the dates of the gradweeks, lots of HS graduated take over the property.

Good point. I wouldn't want to be there during spring break either (if they even sell day passes then).

Good point. I wouldn't want to be there during spring break either (if they even sell day passes then).

I think the grad dats might even start around then, looks like select weeks from march through august.

If you decide on Breezes, check on their website for the dates of the gradweeks, lots of HS graduated take over the property.

Happy to have seen this advice because I'd like to avoid these weeks as well!

FYI...I just looked at the Breezes website and "Confirmed Student Travel periods" for 2017 are as follows: 5/14 - 6/14, 7/16 - 7/23