RSS Navigator

rammie

Beer on Regent is extremely limited.

Of course, you can special order favorite beers in advance. I am partial to Belgian beers and their choice is somewhat limited but it is a nice courtesy Regent provides.

Marc

I used to be a pretty regular beer drinker - mostly of the German types - but as I've aged, I now prefer to have my beer in a more, shall we say, 'distilled' manner. I'm partial to scotch (of which Regent has a mediocre selection, but more than adequate quantities) but when I'm onboard now I tend to get a bit more 'experimental' with my cocktail choices. To me, trying new cocktails is a lot more fun than sipping the same old beers I can get here at home...but that's just me.

do you mean limited in choice or limited in quantity they carry? Not everyone is a wine drinker :halo:

Limited choice (at least I find it limited but I live in a state with hundreds of craft beers). The last time I wrote down the list it was as follows:

Amstel Light

Becks

Carlsberg

Corona

Grolsch

Guinness

Heineken

Pilsner Unquell

North American Brews

Budweiser

Budweiser Light

Coors Light

Miller Lite

Sierrra Nevada

Alcohol Free Beers

Buckler

ODoull's

Limited choice (at least I find it limited but I live in a state with hundreds of craft beers). The last time I wrote down the list it was as follows:

Amstel Light

Becks

Carlsberg

Corona

Grolsch

Guinness

Heineken

Pilsner Unquell

North American Brews

Budweiser

Budweiser Light

Coors Light

Miller Lite

Sierrra Nevada

Alcohol Free Beers

Buckler

ODoull's

Man, limited is right. Glad I'm not a beer connoisseur any more. I'd really like to see them stock a couple of cases of local beers in each port they hit - I love trying different beers from around the world.

That's more like it

I always request English ale and on my last B2B got a case of Spitfire from Shepherd Neame ,Kent in my suite,18 bottles in total for a 22 day cruise, very tasty and refreshing.

Meant I was able to avoid the awful Bud!!

If you don't ask you won't get, give them time to stock up, although from other guests I think it depends on the ports they take on supplies and how cosmopolitan they are.

Yes - Regent does get extra brews onboard My list was from 2015 (Regent's bar list). We didn't find anything different on our 30 nights onboard Explorer in November. When my DH isn't drinking craft beers, he goes to Guinness and then German brews.

Just reading this with mounting horror, being English, hubby is a Real Ale [darker beer] drinker. Very rarely touches larger type beers and we are doing a 25 nighter with no real ale.

Do you have to have booked a certain category of suite to request your preference?

No available to ask for choices, regardless of suite type .

Give them a clear idea of the type you would prefer with several options as not all are available everywhere.

So it might be 1 from Old Peculiar, Black sheep, Fullers London porter ,etc If there is something in this range you do not like tell them not Brains, Welsh bear for example

Give them enough time to source, Samuel Adams from Boston Mass: is OK in my opinion and was on Navigator last summer. Also indicate if you want this personally in the suite or you intend to drink in a certain bar like the Observation bar and could this be stocked here.

Just reading this with mounting horror, being English, hubby is a Real Ale [darker beer] drinker. Very rarely touches larger type beers and we are doing a 25 nighter with no real ale.

Do you have to have booked a certain category of suite to request your preference?

Anyone can request it ... As long as it is far enough in advance and they can obtain it.

Interesting..on the Amazon cruise they had Dos Equis and another Brazil local that for the life of me I can't remember...On the last Europe one, no Sam Adams but they stocked a local Italian brand (again sorry forgot to write it down).. I wonder if the stock can vary on the location???

On Mariner in Alaska last year they also had Sierra Nevada. I can ask my DH though for others since he would have been much in tune with what beer Regent had on board.

In Alaska, they likely had an offering from Alaska Brewing Co. We get their beer in Washington state as well (not very impressive for beer connoisseurs.) However, I believe that people are hoping for great foreign beer rather than local beer from the U.S. As your DH no doubt knows, with the exception of "craft" beer, the U.S. is not known for their brews.

My DH loves "good/great" beer and looks for local brews from the countries that we visit. While he seldom finds it, occasionally Regent carries local brews. I, on the other hand, look for local wine which Regent also carries whenever possible.