New to Princess - Mini Suites

Crzyfrk62

I'm sure there is a similar thread but couldn't find answers.

This will be my first Princess cruise on the Regal doing the Boston/Canada itinerary. I chose the ship and the run because I've never done either and I wanted to try something new. I've done Carnival (not my favorite), NCL, Celebrity and my new favorite has been MSC Yacht Club .

I plan on getting the drink package because I have gotten use to drinks included with MSC YC, don't want to think about how much I'm drinking . I also booked a mini-suite. I want to know what are the "real" perks of the mini suite. I didn't see anything about butlers or VIP boarding. Pros cons any information would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

This will be my first Princess cruise on the Regal doing the Boston/Canada itinerary. I chose the ship and the run because I've never done either and I wanted to try something new. I've done Carnival (not my favorite), NCL, Celebrity and my new favorite has been MSC Yacht Club .

I plan on getting the drink package because I have gotten use to drinks included with MSC YC, don't want to think about how much I'm drinking . I also booked a mini-suite. I want to know what are the "real" perks of the mini suite. I didn't see anything about butlers or VIP boarding. Pros cons any information would be appreciated.

It's regularly written that on Princess the term minisuite is a misnomer & is what other cruise lines might call a deluxe or premium balcony cabin.

You get an inexpensive glass of sparkling wine during embarkation, a bathtub and a sitting area with couch and a 2nd TV.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/rp-royal-princess/

There are no butlers on any Princess ship.

Royal, Regal and Majestic Princess are the only ships with concierge service--reserved for Full Suite passengers only, not those in Mini Suites.

As noted above, Mini Suites on Princess are merely larger balcony cabins with a sitting area, second TV and tub in the bathroom. Only perk is the two glasses of "unpacking juice" in your cabin on embarkation. (Unless you are booked in a Club Class Mini Suite which allows you to dine in a separate area of the MDR).

You will find little if anything on Princess comparable to MSC Yacht Club--even if you upgrade to a Full Suite. You have to decide for yourself if the non-suite life on Princess will be tolerable or if you need to upgrade.

From the Princess website:

"Choose a luxurious Mini-Suite with balcony which is substantially larger than a Balcony stateroom and receive a complimentary welcome glass of Champagne. Mini-Suites include a separate sitting area with sofa bed, premium bathroom amenities and two flat-panel televisions. For families or groups needing a little extra space, Mini-Suites offer an appealing and affordable option."

My wife and I like mini-suites for longer cruises, but as others have noted they really have nothing to do with the suite life.

I briefly looked at the MSC site to check out the perks of the YC experience; you don't get a private restaurant, spa access or butler with Princess. Many of the other minor amenities are standard on Princess, such as robes, room service access, fridge in room. Some of the 'Deluxe Suite' rooms in YC look to have essentially the same layout and size as a Princess minisuite. Your best best would be to carefully peruse the Princess website to look for the specific things that you use and want. Pay attention to room size (Princess cabins are notoriously small compared to many lines, but Minis are pretty generous)

If there are specific things that you can name that you have become accustomed to, ask away and folks here can let you know what is included and what is a reasonable alternative. (Such as Club Class if you want a special, reserved dining area)

I must say I figured out a lot of what you all are saying. To be honest I don't really need a butler. I do enjoy no hassle embarkation but it might not be bad... I believe we are going out of the Brooklyn terminal. I have only been out of the Manhattan terminal so have no idea what that will be like . I have never really had a bad cruise, a nice room with space and nice size bathroom, the ocean, some entertainment and adult beverages on the ship and I'm all good. I just wanted to have my expectations in the right place .

If we have the all inclusive drink package will we be able to get and keep bottles of water and cans of soda in the room/frig?

Any sodas or water in your cabin when you embark will be charged for if opened even if you have the AIBP.

Certainly bottles of water and whichever sports/energy drinks are available can be carried away and opened at your leisure. Reports here are that the bar servers are instructed not to proffer unopened cans of beer--but will do so if asked nicely (and no supervisors are around). I imagine canned sodas would be in the same league. Just always ask for cans when ordering a soda else you will get soda from the gun (which the Soda and More package is restricted to, but not the AIBP; sometimes they forget that little detail).

Just to add. There are some mini suites on the Regal Princess that are designated "Club Class Mini Suites." If you have booked one of those you get special dining and some other amenities that regular mini suites do not receive. Search Princess Club Class Mini Suites on line for full information.

The AIBP includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that are menu priced at $10 and under, plus 40% discount on bottles of wine priced up to $100. The $10 menu price includes about 95%+ of every drink on the ship. The package excludes room service. If there are any beverages in you cabin when you board, and if you use them you will be charged, this includes the bottles of water. If you want anything for your cabin get it at a bar and bring it back to your cabin.

We choose a Mini-Suite when 3 adults are sharing. Appreciate the extra room/larger bath-room, etc. When it's just DM and myself, we take an Obstructed Window. The 3rd pax in the MS helps defray our costs!

It's just another category Balcony in reality, no perks, no butlers no VIP treatment.

IMHO, the only minisuites on Princess ships that are impressive are the ones on the Pacific Princess. They are quite roomy and have essentially floor to ceiling windows for awesome views. Granted they are still just a larger floor space, but feel so much more spacious. Plus the bathroom has a tub/shower combination.

IMHO, the only minisuites on Princess ships that are impressive are the ones on the Pacific Princess.

I would disagree. Every Mini-Suite on every ship has a bathtub and a sofa that sleeps a third person. No Balcony cabin has both of these features. So in my opinion, every Mini-Suite is "impressive" as compared to Inside, Oceanview and Balcony cabins. The spaciousness of the bathtub and the expanded seating area with a sofa are significant upgrades. Do they warrant the oxymoronic title of "Mini" (when they are larger cabins) and "Suite" (when they are not)? Probably not. They should be marketed with a different title. But still, they are nice cabins for the price.

IMHO, the only minisuites on Princess ships that are impressive are the ones on the Pacific Princess. They are quite roomy and have essentially floor to ceiling windows for awesome views. Granted they are still just a larger floor space, but feel so much more spacious. Plus the bathroom has a tub/shower combination.

I would disagree. Every Mini-Suite on every ship has a bathtub and a sofa that sleeps a third person. No Balcony cabin has both of these features. So in my opinion, every Mini-Suite is "impressive" as compared to Inside, Oceanview and Balcony cabins. The spaciousness of the bathtub and the expanded seating area with a sofa are significant upgrades. Do they warrant the oxymoronic title of "Mini" (when they are larger cabins) and "Suite" (when they are not)? Probably not. They should be marketed with a different title. But still, they are nice cabins for the price.

Sun Class ships have mini's that are the same as suites on other Princess ships.

I like the spaciousness of the mini suites. True, it is not that much in square footage, but on a ship...you feel every inch. For me, the main plus is the 'real' bathroom. Instead of the tiny shower in regular staterooms.

I like the spaciousness of the mini suites. True, it is not that much in square footage, but on a ship...you feel every inch. For me, the main plus is the 'real' bathroom. Instead of the tiny shower in regular staterooms.

So agree! Having a real bathroom is a BIG Plus! :D