How to bid

I'm brand new to Norwegian, but with 18 cruises spread over 6 cruise lines. I have my first NCL booked for December 2017. Forgive me for asking, but how exactly do you bid for a cabin? What's the process, where do you go to even look at it to see if you want it? Is it cheaper? In short, I'm very curious about the facts. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Approx 60 until your cruise you'll receive a bid email.

Yep...you'll receive an email from NCL...just follow the instructions. Couldn't be simpler than that.

NCL will ask you to tell them just how much you're willing to pay to get a better cabin than the one you already picked. If you are one of the people who offer the most money, you will get an upgrade to the cabin of NCL's choice....and they'll let you know about 2 days before the cruise.

Have fun!

You will only receive an email if you booked through NCL or a Travel Agent that is participating in the bidding program. The email gives you the categories that you can bid up to. You type in what you are willing to bid and a meter shows if your bid is weak or strong, that doesn't matter always as we got into The Haven on a weak bid. Good luck!

The bidding system is still only for NCL Escape, Getaway and Breakaway ships. You only get an email if an upgrade is available.

Not sure about that. In a quick scan of the longer thread - I saw folks that won bids on the Star, Dawn and Jewel.