cabin 707 Statendam

sheba2008

I booked outsidecabin (porthole) 707 on Statendam, is this a good cabin (in the front of the ship), any comments?

I do get seasick sometimes, is this a problem with a cabin in the front of the ship? Route : from Vancouver to Hawaii, French Polinesia and back to San Diego, lots of seadays.

Thanks, Linda

I booked outsidecabin (porthole) 707 on Statendam, is this a good cabin (in the front of the ship), any comments?

Oh, yikes. That cabin is way too far forward for my taste. If I were you, I would move back at least as far as the Infirmary, and preferably further back.

I would also move up one deck to Main Deck, if I could, too. Main Deck is sandwiched between two passenger decks; I have no idea what's beneath you on A-deck. There may be a source of ongoing noise. There's definitely going to be noise when the anchor is dropped.

There may be a source of ongoing noise. There's definitely going to be noise when the anchor is dropped.
Typically there's just one tender port per cruise where the anchor is used, but at every docking there will be lots of noise of thrusters and winches.

Funny, I had that cabin on a cruise and would take it again in a heart beat. It was very quiet except when we went into port and I was up then anyway. Guess it is all in what you like. It is sort of isolated so very little foot traffic past it. I did not notice it being particulary rough in the little bit of rough seas we had, but then I am usually in it sleeping only.

Susan

This cruise has a LOT of tender ports and the seas can be bouncy throughout the whole cruise (or not!).

The cabin itself is smaller than most, as well and the porthole does not provide much of a view.

If you are happy with the size of the cabin and the location, you could book a guarentee and end up with something better or at least similar.

This is fabulous cruise!

Funny, I had that cabin on a cruise and would take it again in a heart beat. It was very quiet except when we went into port and I was up then anyway. Guess it is all in what you like. It is sort of isolated so very little foot traffic past it. I did not notice it being particulary rough in the little bit of rough seas we had, but then I am usually in it sleeping only.

Susan

Thanks for the advice about this cabin, maybe it will be a noise problem in the morning when coming into port or dropping anchor (sleeping will be less ;)), i just come in the cabin for other clothes and sleeping in the evening.

I do get seasick sometimes maybe thats an issues. I will look into it for maybe take another cabin, oh well i shall see, i will have a wonderfull time for sure, looking foward to this amazing cruise.

Thanks for all of you're comments.

Linda :)

Archived