Cabin 103

DR John

Do not mean to be redundant, however has anyone visited or stayed in cabin 103? We have friends who are "First- Timers" on the Legend sailing July 3. Is it smaller than the typical suite? The deck plan indicates this.

Thanks

Dr. John~~~I haven't seen Suite 103, but I believe it would be identical to the other window Suites. Even though it's at the "front" of the ship, Deck 4 is the

smoothest sailing deck.

Your friends will certainly enjoy the Legend.....

Happy Trails and Sails!

Martita

My wife & I have been in 105 and will be in 108 this August. The only differences I can see are (1) the window has a vertical bar (approx. 1") in the middle which does not hinder ones view and (2) the suite does slope in at the front, but not enough to matter. Service is no different than the higher priced ones and one experiences less motion on rocky days. That said, we were on the Pride this Spring on a Barcelona to Istanbul run. Allegedly, we had gale force winds between Sicily and Greece. We were in Suite 130 and did not feel a thing...and I am a light sleeper. Although we have only sailed on the Pride, all of the ships must be the same. At times, I can't believe I'm cruising.

The laundry is well insulated and not wildly trafficked. All suites (except for OS, etc., are the same and really do not have "verandas". 103 is fine; I would only advise to try for a more midship suite.

Suite 103 is on the Starboard side of the ship and away from the laundry. Since there is but one washer and one dryer, there is NO noise. Getting closer to mid ships is always desirable, but when my wife & I were in 105, there was no pitching at all. And no noise from the laundry facilities.

Regarding verandas, on Seabourn they are a joke. I wouldn't pay the extra tariff for a ledge, and that's what they are. It's nothing more than a big window that one can open.Nothing more than a status symbol.

Leonid,

I have to disagree with you there. The balconies are great for getting some fresh air, particularly in the warmer climates. I wouldn't bother with one on a Northern crossing, however, they are wonderful when the weather is warm.

There's no "status" in getting a balcony---just nice, clean sea air! In fact, just think of it as a window that opens. Is it worth it? To some, yes, and to others, no.

Denyse

Denyse~~~I agree with you! I dearly love to open my door for the wonderful

sea breeze and the sounds of the ocean! And I enjoy keeping the balcony door open in Port. But, each to his/her own.

I've been accused of going out on my balcony, dressed in my white terry robe, with my Tiara on, singing, "Don't Cry For Me Argentina!"

NO comment!

Martita

Matt, you should show Marcella the unbelievable rates on the 13-day round-trip on the Spirit in November, in and out of Singapore. I think it's more than 60% off!!!

You could do your Christmas shopping....:-)

Denyse

I have been reading this post, with a lot of interest...

Could someone explain this to me in more detail??? Man oh man, one of the highlights of a cruise for me, is sitting on our balcony, especially in the evening and watching the sea go by... I would really miss this, if the balcony is only a status symbol...

I would even consider the high priced suites, if it could afford me a balcony that has the leg room I desire... No, I dont want to lay on a lounger or anything, but sounds like "says" coffee in the AM is out of the question on a a balcony.. The pictures I have come across never show the balcony... I guess this is why

Really hungry for info on this....

Look here both for a picture of Martita in terry robe and tiara and also a picture of a balcony.

http://www.pbase.com/norm2002/image/34826095

Smoothdancer, if you are hoping for a real balcony, you will be very disappointed. It is a French window (or do you call it now a Freedom window?). It is nice to have the feel of fresh air and to stand on the ledge and wave at people on the dock but it is not much more than that.

Regards

Norm

Norman.......THAT is NOT me!! That photo is of my evil twin sister, "Mojito!" She

always has to have a balcony suite beside me......she's the one that always is "up to sumptin'".....and she has been seen in the Galley a few afternoons, leading a Conga line with a dozen or so cooks/dishwashers dancin'! Can you imagine? And some of the cooks wear gold and red Crowns!! Shocking!!! AND she was the one that was waving the Irish Republic flag up in Derry, NORTHERN Ireland.......she almost got us all shot! (when she started waving the Texas flag,

all was forgiven and the Irish folks were jumpin' up 'n down, waving back)

I accept your apology......I know you regret the mistake!

Martita

Martha,

I am not going to say a word. As I know you have pictures from when Ollie and I sailed with you. Or was that Miss Mojito?

And remember it could have been worse. Remember the gentleman who came to the skybar everyday in his robe? At least he was comfortable.

mcboo;)

mcboo~~~yes, I do have photos of you and Ollie! The "strange bath robed" gentleman was from Houston, Texas......yep, a tad weird! I never told you about one of THE strangest happening.....I was seated by a handsome gentleman from New York City one evening at dinner. Out of "the blue" he reaches over (under the tablecloth) and starts holding my hand!!!! I'm not speechless TOO often, but

I couldn't say anything or do anything.......had he NOT been so dern handsome I would have merely started telling one of my "animated dinner tales"......using both hands! That was on OUR voyage! I thought he would invite me for a cocktail or sumptin'.......but he never did! (the one that got away! hahaha)

Off to Midland......Phoenix, in awhile!

Later......

Hugs your way!

Martita

Archived