Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends Who Sailed Caribbean Princess on May 13 2006!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old May 31st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Default Friends Who Sailed Caribbean Princess on May 13 2006 -- Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of Friends Who Sailed Caribbean Princess on May 13, 2006.

This new thread was created to ensure continued enjoyment of your cruise conversations .

Don’t forget to subscribe to this thread to receive notifications. Click on: Thread Tools > Choose: Subscribe to this Thread

Since you have your own forum here, you are free to create your own "new thread" if you'd like.

Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Check out thousands of photos in our full-featured Photo Gallery!

Don't miss anything "cruise newsworthy" -- sign up for our weekly newsletter

When your values are clear, your decisions are easy -Roy Disney-

Old May 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS View Post

Don’t forget to subscribe to this thread to receive notifications. Click on: Thread Tools > Choose: Subscribe to this Thread

The option "subscribe to this thread" is not available.

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much Laura, for providing a place for us to stay in touch...you're awesome! We love Cruise Critic!

Old June 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
5,000+ Club

Hey, if this helps the CC boards run faster and better - I'm all for it. This site is just too popular.

How is it we have 57 views on this new part 2 and just two posts????

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hi Girls!

We're off to Florida in the wee hours of the morning! We are so excited! Joanne...you know how much I LOVE the Beach!

Why is it that it takes so much work to get ready to go on vacation? All the planning and list making! Paying all your bills in advance! Cleaning your house! Go to the bank!

We are so ready for a break...I'm up way too late....I've got to help Rick drive tomorrow, so I'm going to scoot off here!

We finally got our new tree planted yesterday! My flowers look so pretty this year...I planted some perennials...took out some holly berry bushes, that were spindley! They looked really bad!

I mowed grass this morning...did all the trim for my house and my sister's house, then Rick rode the riding mower for both yards, when he got home from work today!

Don't know how much I'll be posting in the next 2 weeks, but I'll post some pix when I get back...will probably be posting on Facebook!

Rev...praying your back is better!

Love all you girls!

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Merry - You should be on the road right now and I wish you both a most wonderful vacation. I'm ready for another road trip - we love them. You are so right that it is a lot of work just to plan and get ready for these trips.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Old June 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM
20,000+ Club

Friends,

Well we have been busy, with Sarah's move and Pat's house and me leaving for a month, oh my goodness.
I leave in 6 days for Fort Pierce, and I depart on the Freedom one week from today.
Thank you Merry for your wonderful prayers. I am participially walking right now, and hope to continue healing again. It will be a lot easier for me on this up coming trip if I can stay on my feet for about two minutes, and I am almost there.

I see we got a new thread, how nice.

Hope everyone is well.

Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)
"We are here, we are here for all of us, that's why we're here" Alicia Keys

Old June 5th, 2011, 01:59 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bird View Post
We're off to Florida in the wee hours of the morning! We are so excited! Joanne...you know how much I LOVE the Beach!

Why is it that it takes so much work to get ready to go on vacation? All the planning and list making! Paying all your bills in advance! Cleaning your house! Go to the bank!

Merry - so glad you are able to get away. Did not realize you were going for 2 weeks. I don't know which is worse: packing to go or unpacking when you get pack. Have a wonderful and relaxing time. We go to the beach June 25th.

Old June 6th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default New Home!

Nice to see that we are still able to keep the thread going--I was afraid that after a while, CC would tell us we had to stop posting.

Rev, good luck with the house closings and I hope that you heal soon.

Joanne, enjoy your holiday at the beach! Are you still in school?

Gail, I hope you have some fun activities planned for the summer.

Merry, have a wonderful time on your road trip! I do wish that we could meet somewhere if you're anywhere near me on your travels.

Linda, I hope that you have recovered from your surgery and that life is treating you well.

I'm teaching one class this summer--quite a switch from six this past spring! I'm sure I will still be busy; I've already given students their first quiz.

Take care, everyone--I'm going to try to post more often since I'm not quite as busy as I was in the spring. We are planning a long weekend trip to Tallahassee sometime, but that will be the extent of our travels this summer I think. With only one class I'm not getting paid as much, so I have to save as much as I can. But I am grateful for that one class!

Elisa

SS Michelangelo November 1973
Sensation August 2001
Glory August 2003
Caribbean Princess May 2006

Old June 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
10,000+ Club

Anyone been to Puerto Rico? Must sees?

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
5,000+ Club

Never been there Joanne.

Wow - it sure did cool down here. Have a great weekend everyone.

Elisa - Enjoy your time off the busy school schedule. One class will seem like a vacation to you.

Old June 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
Never been there Joanne.

Wow - it sure did cool down here. Have a great weekend everyone.

Elisa - Enjoy your time off the busy school schedule. One class will seem like a vacation to you.
It has been close to 100 degrees the past 3 days with high humidity. Suppose to get a cooler front coming in this weekend.

Old June 10th, 2011, 08:04 PM
10,000+ Club

last day of school is Friday, the 17th. Then off to the beach the following week for our annual family gathering.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Angry

So why do we have a new thread?? I guess I have been gone too long and missed something. I just got back from New Orleans and Omaha. New Orleans was wonderful. Ed and I got to spend time in the French Quarter. We had our fortunes read, took a historical buggy ride, ate lots of good places, took a trolley car ride into the Garden District. It was hot and muggy. We were there as part of the Great Comebacks award that I was given. All four awardees were brought in for a fun weekend of celebration. Then I was off to Omaha to present at a conference. Now I am home and ready to relax and recover. Wish I was traveling with Merry though. I am still lamenting having to cancel our Italy trip this spring.
Legend of the Seas July 2003
Imagination January 2005
Caribbean Princess May 2006
Emerald Princess March 2010
Celebrity Eclipse January 2011
Celebrity Equinox January 2012
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Celebrity Silhouette August 2014
Disney Dream February 2015
Go Syracuse!!

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
20,000+ Club

Linda,
Cruise critic is trying to clean up it's site, they feel that all these long posts may be contributing to the problem with the slowness of the site, so they are deleting them and giving us this new place to post. It's fine with me, but I wish I had retrived some of my old stuff, but am also glad that the site is faster now.

Merry,
I will be in the Cocoa beach area on June 26th, then I am driving to Sanford and staying until the 28th, so if that is anywhere near you, we could meet somewhere. If not have a wonderful stay in Florida and enjoy, you and Rick deserve it, you both work so hard.

Pat's house is still being worked on. When I left they were just finishing up with the swimming pool. There is stil a lot of work to be done.

I just realized I have run out of minutes and am paying full price for them. So I'll be logging off right now and will comeback when my minutes are cheaper.

Have a great day.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)

Old June 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
20,000+ Club

Much better, now I'm only paying 30 cents a minute.

Pat's house. The counters in the kitchen as well as the sink, stove and dishwasher (all brand new, the refrigerator was pretty new when we bought the house), went in on Friday. You should see the countertop, all black with mirror imbedded, it looks like a dark sky with twinkling stars. It's a quartz compound and it is really striking. The tile work was also completed, so the kitchen is almost finished.
The second bathroom is complete and all the closets in the home have been done, as we wanted to rework the closet space, (shelves etc.) to make more efficient use of the space.
As I said before the pool has been coated with diamond bright, LED mood lights have been added, as well as a stair railing, and the whole pool has been converted to salt water.
The celling fans are all in as are all the light fixtures, etc. so we are past the middle.
My home will be getting a glass door for my master bedroom and two beautiful glass French doors to close of the den from the rest of the house. Also my furniture will be getting a black enameal finish, but only on the tops, the rest of the each piece will remain golden oak. Black and silver knobs and handles will be added, it will really look beautiful.
There is a lot of work the contractor can't finish until I return, but it will all be completed before August I am sure.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15

Old June 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
20,000+ Club

Right now I am on day four of my fantastic trip. We are in Hatti, at Royal Caribbean's private beach. I am not getting off the ship today, as there is only me and I don't want to rent an entire cabana, for just one little old person.
I am walking OK, but can't walk for a long time. Sometimes it is like I don't have a walking problem and other times I look like an old lady hobbling around. This problem is really strange. Perhaps when I loose all the weight I want to loose it will be better.

We boarded the ship in Port Canaveral, which is slowly becoming a large Floridian port. The Disney Dream departs from here and also one or two Carnival ships. The port is easy to get to, and the process of embarking is quite painless and relatively fast. I was on the ship at about 11:15. Cabins on Royal Caribbean are not ready until 1:00PM, so I busied myself with making special dinning reservations at the two wonderful restaurants they have on board. Then I went to the Promernard to get a bite to eat and read for a while. I am reading the new book about Sarah Palin, called "Blind Ambition", which I am sure she will have plenty to say about. It's really insiteful, and very interesting, to see how she rain her campaigne.
Later I visited the Schooner bar for my triditional drink to celebrate my beginning a cruise. By that time the cabins were open so I ventured up to deck nine and found my cabin. This time I have a junior suite, which is similar to but larger than a Princess mini suite. It has a lovely walk in closet and a very nice sitting area with a lounge chair as well as a couch. Right away I thought a nap was in order and I rested for about an hour. Then my luggage arrived and I spent the next twenty minutes unpacking and putting everything in it's proper place.
Then came the drill and after that I went up stairs to the diamond lounge to meet Willie, one of my favorite concierges. He is usually in the Concierge lounge, but is just recently back from vacation, so I guess they put him up here for a while. I greatly prefere the CL to the diamond lounge, as it is much warmer, and I think friendlier, but this will have to do, as it was I had a bad experience with the concierge in the CL when I went there yesterday to ask one simple question, so I will stay up stairs in the diamond lounge.
After having my evening cocktail I proceeded to dinner at Chops grill. I had the mushroom soup, a very small portion, a lamb chop and a half of a chicken sausage, plus asparagrass, all delicious. I happened to sit next to this couple and they started talking to me. About mid dinner, the man started to get very rude, I was appauled, and told him that I wished to end our conversation, but he kept on. I finished my dinner quickly and left. So unfortunate, but sometimes people drink too much, and things come out that should not. His partner was appaulded.
You know me, not much for the night life, so I retired to my cabin, had a nice warm bath and went to bed.
Monday I was up early and went to the diamond lounge for breakfast. Had some wonderful fruit and some cheese and turkey slices. It was very good. Had a nice conversation with Willie, posted on the computer a little, and then left for the meet and mingle party upstairs at the Viking Lounge. Meet some really nice people there, then I went outside to see the outdoor movie screen that was pool side, sports were playing on it so I didn't stay, instead I went gambling and won 11 dollars. I hadn't won anything in a little while so I decided to quit while I was ahead.
Went to lunch in the dinning room and met Gerri, a lovely lady whom I had met at the hotel Sunday. She was having a great cruise.
Later I went to the jewlery shop to see if they had my penent they did not, so I went window shopping for a while then up for my nap, after reading a while. Very low key traveling here.
I was invited to dinner with the hotel manager, so I went to that, and it was grand. The food was wonderful, even though I ate very little, and the conversation with a lady from guest relations was marvelous.
Back to my room for a nice bath, a good movie, a short read and finally bed...I love my bed.
Today I have done nothing except visit Willie, chat with a few people and post on cruise critic. I will be doing some reserch soon, so I hope to accomplish something today.
Joanne, it's almost over and you will be free to go to the beach.
Have a great day.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15

Old June 15th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Checking In!

Hi Girls!
We are back home...had a wonderful vacation...stayed at a beautiful little cottage in Indian Rocks Beach...had a pool...walking distance to wonderful Seafood Restaurants...ate seafood every night...delicious! There were 2 small cottages and 6 bigger houses or suites. They offered a washer/dryer/detergent to us, which was nice to leave with clean clothes! They had 2 canoes that you could take out into the ocean....Rick did that a couple of times! Had all kinds of floats, noodles, buckets, beach towels...it couldn't have been nicer. We had a full kitchen, which we fixed scrambled eggs in the mornings along with coffee and donuts...LOL! We would love to go back!

It was VERY hot and we were in the ocean a lot...I have to say, it was my first trip on the Gulfside, and I LOVED it! One day we stayed in the ocean for 5 hours...it was so fun! We saw 2 manatees and Rick got to pet the one....I couldn't get to it fast enough...they are beautiful animals!

We had a very relaxing vacation, which we both needed. We did travel up to Clearwater and down to Madeira Beach...both were fun!

We left Florida last Saturday and drove to Pigeon Forge, Tennesse, to break up our trip...we had lots of fun there too...drove up into the Great Smoky Mountains...so nice and cool up there...took a little hike...brought back lots of Taffy for everyone! We also got to visit Rick's Mom, who lives in Knoxville, about 45 minutes away.

Joanne...I can't believe you're in School this late....you are really going to the Beach!

Now we are home, and I'm going to work at Church on Wednesday to catch up...that means I'm up way to late...so gotta scoot!

Elisa...enjoy your class this summer and don't forget to take a little time for yourself...you are really doing great with your jewelry!

Linda...sounds like you are feeling much better and enjoying your trips!

Gail...how are things going in your Kitchen? You'll have to post pictures!

Rev....I love reading your posts about your Cruise! You should write a book!

Old June 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
5,000+ Club

Welcome home Merry - wow - what a wonderful vacation you had. I checked a few times on facebook too. I just can't find the time to spend time there - so I miss days and weeks of chat and I don't respond to messages usually.

Old June 15th, 2011, 10:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Rev - I too love reading about your cruise. I don't think I would like cruising all by myself - but I know you do. I think all your houses will be finished before my kitchen will be completed.

My new counters go in on Friday and the old one goes tomorrow. Won't be able to use the sink or counter all weekend. We have a wedding on Sat and BBQ at son's on Sunday so I won't have to cook.