Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

OK - I am pretty cheap sometimes, but at $49.95 that really does not sound too bad. Being able to get on board early, have your room ready earlier, luggage delivered earlier, earlier tenders & debark early or late. That is not really a bad deal. The only thing that I do not care about is the priority dining as we do anytime. Unless, that means when you go (even for ATD) you are seated sooner than others. Not sure that would fly really well with the others waiting in line.

OK - I am pretty cheap sometimes, but at $49.95 that really does not sound too bad. Being able to get on board early, have your room ready earlier, luggage delivered earlier, earlier tenders & debark early or late. That is not really a bad deal. The only thing that I do not care about is the priority dining as we do anytime. Unless, that means when you go (even for ATD) you are seated sooner than others. Not sure that would fly really well with the others waiting in line.

It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

actually as a Diamond guest....... it irks me that they would make these perks available to anyone who PAYS........when I had to sail over 200 days to get them

Barb

Let me see...do I want to get into my cabin before 1:30 or do I want five drinks? That's a no brainer for us. And I can live without my luggage until they deliver it which is usually before dinner.

Now the poor cabin stewards can't do their cabins in a row. They now have to jump around doing all the ones that paid to get in theirs early.

It's getting rediculous that everybody is charging extra for things any more. Airlines say you can take luggage with you but you have to pay extra. If you want a window or aisle seat, you pay extra. Now if you want to board earlier, get in your cabin earlier, get your luggage earlier, you pay extra. When will it stop and what's next?

Maybe I'm coming on a little strong but it just seems to me like they're just trying to calm the people down that were hurt under the new VIFP program. Problem is, they are charging you for it.

So let me see if I understand this correctly..

I am leaving on the Liberty Sept 8th...and this will be my platinum cruise...and I already get priority boarding and tendering...correct? (so my docs say) So now I will also get to go to our cabin as soon as we board? and our luggage will be some of the first delivered? Not bad...I wonder if they will have more time to scrutinize those pieces of luggage ...LOL not that I would be hiding anything at all..:D

I'd be interested to hear from some of you who are going to be experiencing these perks the first couple of weeks. Please chime in when you do.

So the folks that put in the time and loyalty to become Platinum basically get (limited) laundry for free now?

For a rather small fee, you too can be Platinum!

I find this a bit of a slap in the face to the Platinum and above guests.

actually as a Diamond guest....... it irks me that they would make these perks available to anyone who PAYS........when I had to sail over 200 days to get them

Yep, I fear this one isn't going to go over well.

I'm not really sure what you get for your LOYALTY anymore????

Now you can just pay and basically get all the same perks? HUH?

We knew it was only a matter of time before they did this. This was predicted to happen when the VIFP plan was leaked! A new revenue stream for CCL.

"It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

Barb"

Actually in the 2nd paragraph it includes tender priority & choice of early or late debarkation. Only on two ships - Imagination & Liberty

So Carnival took my gold status away, but I can buy my want into platinum status for my whole cabin....... the first thing announced by Carnival, in a long time I'm happy with.

I need to let JH know I'm dancing in my boxers, I'm so happy.

I'm sure JH will think its "brilliant "

Barb

I understand your sentiment.

Thats the way I feel when I'm in the first class lounge at the airport. Now they let anybody in who pays a small fee for the privlege of being in the lounge. I just have to check myself and ask, am I really getting that snooty?

Then again, I'm sure its a good profit center for very little outlay.

I bought it this morning for our Liberty cruise in November. We cruise several different lines, so although this will be our 10th cruise, it's not our 10th on Carnival. For me, just being able to enjoy our aft wrap that much sooner is worth every penny! (We board between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.)

Here's what we get:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here’s what it includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines & have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the General Boarding line & board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone & line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

...Unless, that means when you go (even for ATD) you are seated sooner than others. Not sure that would fly really well with the others waiting in line.

It would not.

The last time we were on the Sensation (or was it the time before?) they had the Fantasy dining room (the one off the atrium) for both YTD and early/late. The YTD's all lined up at one door and the line wrapped around the starboard side of the atrium. Those with standard seating times (including yours truly) would come around the other side of the atrium and enter through the other door - though those doors are side by side. On one night as we entered (got there about 5 minutes after the herd was let in for early seating) there were a couple of "ladies" in the YTD line who shouted us down... something along the lines of "why are you skipping the line?". :rolleyes:

I did discover that, apparently, that dining room is now totally for the YTD folks. I would imagine that there were more and more people desiring that option (some used to refer to as "Freestyle"...GASP;) )and I would also guess that our getting shouted down while entering the dining room was not an isolated incident!

As for people now being able to buy their way to perks (special line at guest services and such) that we earned over years of loyalty -- I am not a real fan of that. I would prefer if Carnival would bestow on their suite guests additional perks as other lines do... but that's not going to happen!

Tom

Unless a lot of people start doing it. Then its not so much of a benefit. Having a small child I would probably consider it. It would be nice to have early access to the room to drop stuff off as having a child makes you not able to travel so light. Then you have the early embark, debark and tenders, which would be nice, considering these issues were a couple of my biggest issues with my last cruise.

So let me see if I understand this correctly..

I am leaving on the Liberty Sept 8th...and this will be my platinum cruise...and I already get priority boarding and tendering...correct? (so my docs say) So now I will also get to go to our cabin as soon as we board? and our luggage will be some of the first delivered? Not bad...I wonder if they will have more time to scrutinize those pieces of luggage ...LOL not that I would be hiding anything at all..:D

I'd be interested to hear from some of you who are going to be experiencing these perks the first couple of weeks. Please chime in when you do.

I will be tuned in too, Michele turns Platinum on this cruise as well!

We are close to platinum, and I completely agree with you on this...After a while there will be so many people in the VIP line ,that the first timers will be onboard first...This is why I am liking Royal more and more..

It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

Barb

The one thing that "bothers" me about this new program is that they also get express access to the Guest Services line. (the "old" Platinum/Milestone line.) That's just going to make that line miserable to stand on. For $49.95 for a party of 2, 3 or 4, it is well worth paying that to get some of the perks they give. I think that is too cheap, and should be $49.95 per person. That would stop the hordes from buying in to the program. And yes - it is just another slap in the face to those who "earned" their "status" by being loyal consumers.:rolleyes:

The one thing that "bothers" me about this new program is that they also get express access to the Guest Services line. (the "old" Platinum/Milestone line.) That's just going to make that line miserable to stand on. For $49.95 for a party of 2, 3 or 4, it is well worth paying that to get some of the perks they give. I think that is too cheap, and should be $49.95 per person. That would stop the hordes from buying in to the program. And yes - it is just another slap in the face to those who "earned" their "status" by being loyal consumers.:rolleyes:

It appears, so far at least, that these are capacity controlled per sailing.

What the number is, I don't know.

Archived