Did the Allegra fire start at night?

Gingee

I know we are in different time zones. I was wondering was this another disaster started at night? Night is scarier. Also, how long until the first ship arrived? Okay, if they didn't have food (or did they), how many meals were missed?

Thanks

" I was wondering was this another disaster started at night?"

Disaster ? it was a fire which many ships have ... hardly a Disaster ! spoilt holiday and cruise yes but disaster No.

The financial press is calling the incident "a disaster which will take the Costa ship out of service for months costing the cruise line millions of Euros."

Okay I guess I am not really getting my answer.

The early news reports stated that the fire started at 4:39 AM U.S. Eastern Standard Time. The Seychelles are 9 hours ahead. This would put the local time at 1:39 PM for the fire assuming that the time given for the fire in the articles was correct.

Okay so it was almost daytime when it was found. That is good. I am curious to hear about their adventure (if you want to call it that).

Hi,

I am also curious what is happening on the Allegra ( or any other cruise ship that lost engines / electrical power).

I am just guessing that if the main engines / generators are not working there is not much electricity provided by the emergency generator - so what is working and what is not working?

Do they have lights in the cabins?

Do they have lights in any of the public areas ?

Probably there is no cooking done and all of the refrigerators are not working- so what do they eat ?

Probably the electrical pumps are not working so they have no water ? How much bottled water is there on a ship - is there enough for all ?

Does the medical area have electricity ?

Probably the toilets are not working ( the pumps need electricity ) so what do they do for number one and number two ? the toilets can only hold so much and they have been out there for few days.

Do the elevators work ? if not it must be difficult for some of the people to move ( especially if they are in a wheelchair).

Does any one with some knowledge or experience know what is happening in a situation like this ( Allegra). ?

Hi,

I am also curious what is happening on the Allegra ( or any other cruise ship that lost engines / electrical power).

I am just guessing that if the main engines / generators are not working there is not much electricity provided by the emergency generator - so what is working and what is not working?

Do they have lights in the cabins?

Do they have lights in any of the public areas ?

Probably there is no cooking done and all of the refrigerators are not working- so what do they eat ?

Probably the electrical pumps are not working so they have no water ? How much bottled water is there on a ship - is there enough for all ?

Does the medical area have electricity ?

Probably the toilets are not working ( the pumps need electricity ) so what do they do for number one and number two ? the toilets can only hold so much and they have been out there for few days.

Do the elevators work ? if not it must be difficult for some of the people to move ( especially if they are in a wheelchair).

Does any one with some knowledge or experience know what is happening in a situation like this ( Allegra). ?

The answer is NO to nearly all your questions, bottled water was flown in.

Ron

Okay so it was almost daytime when it was found. That is good. I am curious to hear about their adventure (if you want to call it that).

Almost Daylight!

So fire found at 04:39 am EST, Seychelles are 9 hours ahead so that makes it 01:39 pm actual time when the fire was discovered.

Did you major in mathematics or was there a full solar eclipse at the tome?

Ron

Archived