Capt Bob - Soualiga Destinations

Has anyone booked with Capt Bob and their all day excursion that goes all around St. Martin with 4 stops and lunch at Pinel Island?

He as previously worked for several other outfits but is now on his own.

We are thinking of trying them out next visit to St. Martin.

Last trip we did Random Wind which was amazing, just looking for a different experience this time.

Thanks.

Susan

My wife and I just went with Capt. Bob this past Saturday(July 30th).

Was easily the highlight of our trip.He takes you to great beaches. Very interesting and funny guide. He is very quick to respond to emails and will answer any question you have We would book him again in a heartbeat. If you book with him let him know Mike & Kim from Dallas say hello!

Did you have a full boat of people?

How was lunch and the beverages? Capt Bob told me lunch was at a cafe on the beach.

Did you have enough time at each of your stops?

So glad to hear from someone who has taken this excursion and had a great time.

Hope you don't mind a few more questions.

Does anyone happen to have the website for Capt. Bob's? How large was the boat? Were you able to snorkel at each stop? Thanks in advance

T*[/quot

I E-mailed him 2 days ago and got a reply This morning and he gives out great info on the tour. Answards all my questions and more. Now have to wait until the wife gets home from work. to book or not

His email is bcass1111@gmail.com

Paul

Captn Bob is quick to reply and happy to answer your email questions.

Susan A my cousin will be joining us on this cruise! He is a blast and his wife is so sweet! You'll love her! Mike is busy recruiting his friends to come along too! We will not only have our group for our charter but we may end up with another boat!

• 3 weeks later...

Hog Lady, sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I don't come here as often without a cruise booked :(

Did you have a full boat of people?- There were only 5 of us and he takes a maximum os 12

How was lunch and the beverages? Capt Bob told me lunch was at a cafe on the beach.- Lunch was at a cafe at Pinel Beach. Very good lunch. The had plenty of Beer and water on the boat.

Did you have enough time at each of your stops?- We had plenty of time at each stop.

If you have anymore questions just ask and I will try to respond faster!

Hog Lady, sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I don't come here as often without a cruise booked :(

Did you have a full boat of people?- There were only 5 of us and he takes a maximum os 12

How was lunch and the beverages? Capt Bob told me lunch was at a cafe on the beach.- Lunch was at a cafe at Pinel Beach. Very good lunch. The had plenty of Beer and water on the boat.

Did you have enough time at each of your stops?- We had plenty of time at each stop.

If you have anymore questions just ask and I will try to respond faster!

Hoglady - I'm really thinking this is my favorite option for St Maarten. Personally, I'd rather sail just cause I'm not a fan of banging against the waves. But, I also like the idea of seeing new parts of the island and besides, I think the Dream group was looking at Random Wind so if anybody really wanted to sail and get wild they could alway hook up with their group. Capt Bob offers the chance to see a lot more of the island than we'd have sailing simply because motors can go faster and cover more ground! My cousin and his wife are making plans to come and possibly their son so that's at least six if you and your hubby come along. We'd have enough to be our own group. Last conversation, Capt Bob said he could hold it for me without a deposit till we get closer or unless someone else wants the date. Thoughts?

Susan G

• 1 month later...
I have my trip all paid for with Capt. Bob. So far he's been excellent to work with. I have gone on all the recommendations I've read here and on Trip Advisor. Can't wait. 47 more days until my cruise.

Can't wait to hear your review CrznKris! I bet you will have a wonderful time! Say hello to Capt Bob for us!

Susan G

• 1 month later...

Being the worry-wart that I am, I'm worried about being back from my excursion with Capt Bob in time to board the ship.

I was assured by Capt Bob that the trip is done at 4. Our ship (Celebrity) leaves at 5. He said it's a a 5 min walk back.

Is this really enough time to get back on board? I'm worried they have a cut-off time before they pull up the plank (or whatever).

He's said that in 20 some years no one has ever missed the boat, but the ship said somthing about having to be back on the boat 1.5 hours in advance.

Can someone tell me whether I should cancel my trip for fear of missing the boat (HA wouldn't be the first time I've "missed the boat")

Being the worry-wart that I am, I'm worried about being back from my excursion with Capt Bob in time to board the ship.

I was assured by Capt Bob that the trip is done at 4. Our ship (Celebrity) leaves at 5. He said it's a a 5 min walk back.

Is this really enough time to get back on board? I'm worried they have a cut-off time before they pull up the plank (or whatever).

He's said that in 20 some years no one has ever missed the boat, but the ship said somthing about having to be back on the boat 1.5 hours in advance.

Can someone tell me whether I should cancel my trip for fear of missing the boat (HA wouldn't be the first time I've "missed the boat")

I understand what you mean about the "worrying"! I'm a lot like you - I always want lots of answers. I suggest you consider a couple of things: #1) Excursion operators make their living providing safe entertainment to tourists. A significant portion of the tourists they serve come from cruise ships. A bad review on these boards and on TripAdvisor could seriously damage an operators future revenue. Sure, if you go and miss the boat the operator has been paid by you but they know you are going to come back and flame their operation. People who read your review will go and book with the competition because nobody really wants to miss the boat!

#2) I'm no insurance expert but that's the sort of thing I expect my travel insurance to cover - a flight to the next port of call.

#3) Worst case - you are stranded in St Thomas...is that really such a bad thing?:)

I say go for it - and have a wonderful trip! Don't you leave in less than a month now?

Susan: 9 days 13 hours 3 minutes 23 secodnds...but who's counting ;)

Thanks for your words...it talked me off the ledge. I may bug Captain Bob one more time justv for that last bit of reassurance.

So glad you decided to come in off the ledge! Less than two weeks? Lucky you! I will think of you as I add another sweater against the winter cold! I'm just glad I don't live up north where it really gets cold! Dig your toes into some sand and think of your Cruise Critic friends left behind to await our own departure dates :) Is this a first cruise for you?

Thanks to the great reviews here on cruisecritic and tripadvisor, I've been emailing with Captain Bob and think that my husband and I will take his tour next month! I'll be sure to post back with an update for everyone when we return.

So glad you decided to come in off the ledge! Less than two weeks? Lucky you! I will think of you as I add another sweater against the winter cold! I'm just glad I don't live up north where it really gets cold! Dig your toes into some sand and think of your Cruise Critic friends left behind to await our own departure dates :) Is this a first cruise for you?

Yes, first cruise. I just checked Weather.com and it shows showers every day of our cruise in EVERY stop. This does NOT make me happy.

Hog Lady, sorry it has taken me so long to reply.

Lunch was at a cafe at Pinel Beach. Very good lunch. The had plenty of Beer and water on the boat.

Did they have other drinks on the boat? Soda, rum punch, etc?

Thanks!

-tv77

Yes, first cruise. I just checked Weather.com and it shows showers every day of our cruise in EVERY stop. This does NOT make me happy.

CrznKris - so sorry to hear your forecast.:( Not what you want for your vacation to a beach destination! Weather is a fickle thing so hopefully the fronts will move and you will get to enjoy at least a little sunshine! Even the islands need rain now and then. Much to our surprise we woke up this morning to about an inch of snow! Not a big deal except for the fact that it almost NEVER snows here and no one knows how to drive! Will send positive thoughts for good weather your way!

• 2 weeks later...
Susan: 9 days 13 hours 3 minutes 23 secodnds...but who's counting ;)

Thanks for your words...it talked me off the ledge. I may bug Captain Bob one more time justv for that last bit of reassurance.

Kris, did you go with Captain Bob? If so how was the trip? We have booked an excursion with him in March and were interested in your experience.

We booked with Capt Bob when we sailed on the Carnival Dream on 12/21/2011. Unfortunately, the weather was deteriorating the day we were to port to the extent that Carnival moved the departure time up from 6pm to 4:30. Our family of 5 went to meet Capt Bob at his boat where he told us he had to cancel the excursion due to 14' seas on the north side of St Maarten. We were disappointed but appreciative of his concern for safety. We had paid in full prior to departing for the cruise and the refund was back in our paypal account by the time we returned home from the cruise. I have read many great threads about the excursion itself but you can also feel confident that you are doing business with someone that is honest & trustworthy!