Missing Edinburgh Military Tattoo

We have booked the August 8, 2014 Journey cruise. This will be our third Azamara
cruise, and we are hooked on Azamara. Information relative to our stay in Leith (Edinburgh)
shows that the Royal Edinburgh Military Tatoo (performing aug. 1-23) is not performed on Sunday evenings. The Journey will be in Leith on Sunday evening and Monday morning, depriving us of the opportunity to view this national spectacle. Is it a possibility that an Azamazing event could be fashioned around the Tattoo? Could itinerary be adjusted?
Thanks for your time

[quote name='Sweetressie']We have booked the August 8, 2014 Journey cruise. This will be our third Azamara
cruise, and we are hooked on Azamara. Information relative to our stay in Leith (Edinburgh)
shows that the Royal Edinburgh Military Tatoo (performing aug. 1-23) is not performed on Sunday evenings. The Journey will be in Leith on Sunday evening and Monday morning, depriving us of the opportunity to view this national spectacle. Is it a possibility that an Azamazing event could be fashioned around the Tattoo? Could itinerary be adjusted?
Thanks for your time[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello Sweetressie -[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I wanted to let you know that I expect to have some information to share with you early next week about the scheduled AzAmazing Evening event as well as a response to your questions about the Military Tattoo.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Please stand-by and we appreciate that you'll be vacationing with Azamara next August![/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Best regards,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bill Leiber[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]_____________________[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Chief Blogging Officer* [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Azamara Club Cruises [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Sweetressie']Thank You, Bill, forthe quick response. Will wait for further news.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hello Sweetressie -[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]We heard back from our tour operator in Edinburgh and unfortunately the Military Tattoo does not perform on Sunday evenings as you had reported. Further the option mentioned in the 2014 US/Canada Destination Guide to dine on the royal yacht Britannia will not be available due to "operational issues." [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Please remember that the content in our future year's brochure is prepared significantly in advance for distribution into the marketplace to coincide with the consumer purchase cycle. As such, the material is subject to change, which explains why the travel industry operates with the caveat that everything is "subject to change." So when the brochures are printed the information is accurate; however, many items change each year and always have. The first order of business will be to remove these two options from our website and we are sorry for the confusion this outdated information may have created.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Modifying the itinerary is not an option; the vessel needs the full time to get from Edinburgh to Kirkwall, Orkney Islands.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The AzAmazing Evenings event is scheduled on Thursday, August 14, 2014 during the late-night call at Liverpool. The event - [I]"The Mersey Beat"[/I] - will salute the music originating in Liverpool, England in the early 1960s. It was founded by Bill Harry, who was one of John Lennon's classmates at Liverpool Art College. Listen to various songs performed in the Liverpool cathedral, as you enjoy cocktails and local delicacies.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thank you very much for making us aware of this predicament and best wishes as you count-down until next August.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Best regards,[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Bill Leiber[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]_____________________[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Chief Blogging Officer* [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Azamara Club Cruises [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Bill, Thanks much for your quick respnse. Your service to Azamara and its loyal customer/cruise critic base is exemplary. Although we understand that Azamara Journey's itinerary re: the Royal Edinburgh Military Tatoo cannot be changed, I am upset that a company as large as Azamara can make a mistake of this nature and not put forth a reason for the oversight. I would be much happier if they simply admitted that someone "missed the boat". Pardon the pun.
Once again. thank you for looking into this mater.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Bill Leiber'][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hello Sweetressie -[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The AzAmazing Evenings event is scheduled on Thursday, August 14, 2014 during the late-night call at Liverpool. The event - [I]"The Mersey Beat"[/I] - will salute the music originating in Liverpool, England in the early 1960s. It was founded by Bill Harry, who was one of John Lennon's classmates at Liverpool Art College. Listen to various songs performed in the Liverpool cathedral, as you enjoy cocktails and local delicacies.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Best regards,[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Bill Leiber[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]___________________[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hi Sweetressie.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]We live quite near to Liverpool and I suspect the AzAmazing Evenings event described by Bill will be something to really look forward to. We look forward to seeing the ship in port. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hi Bill,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Which cathedral do you mean? You say "the Liverpool cathedral", but Liverpool has two - the older, more traditional Anglican cathedral and the modern Catholic one, otherwise known locally as Paddy's Wigwam! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Wacktle'][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hi Sweetressie.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]We live quite near to Liverpool and I suspect the AzAmazing Evenings event described by Bill will be something to really look forward to. We look forward to seeing the ship in port. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hi Bill,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Which cathedral do you mean? You say "the Liverpool cathedral", but Liverpool has two - the older, more traditional Anglican cathedral and the modern Catholic one, otherwise known locally as Paddy's Wigwam! [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

Hello Wacktie -

I'll let you know the name of the cathedral as soon as I receive it!

Best regards,

[quote name='Bill Leiber']Hello Wacktie -

I'll let you know the name of the cathedral as soon as I receive it!

Best regards,

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Hello Wacktie -[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Finally have the answer. In fact, here is the new copy about the evening. Enjoy![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Cambria][B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]MUSICAL EVENING IN THE LIVERPOOL ANGLICAN CATHEDRAL[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Cambria][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Ship and voyage date: JR 8-August[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Cambria][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Port and AE date: 14-August, Liverpool[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Cambria][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Liverpool is famous for grand architecture, sports-mania, and producing more top-selling music records than any place on earth (according to Guinness World Records). Tonight you’ll experience a gala evening of music in the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, the largest cathedral in Britain and one of the world’s foremost examples of Gothic architecture. Your evening begins with beautiful renditions of classical songs on Britain’s largest organ, a magnificent instrument with 10,267 pipes. Enjoy an intermission to sip champagne and admire your awesome surroundings, then get ready to enjoy a Beatles show by the renowned Cavern Club Beatles. From Twist & Shout to Hey Jude, this show has something for everyone in the city where it all began.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Best regards,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Bill Leiber[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]___________________[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Chief Blogging Officer* [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Azamara Club Cruises [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks for the information Bill. Unfortunately we won't be on the cruise and so won't be there to enjoy it. Liverpool is quite near to our home (and we're even closer to the historical city of Chester). We were curious to know which cathedral the event would be in. I'm sure that those participating in the Liverpool Azamazing Evening will love it, and I really hope that everyone will love Liverpool. It is now a fantastic city. If anyone makes the trip across the Mersey to Chester, I'm sure they'll find that worthwhile too.

Joan

Archived