Seattle hotels

Tee & Chilli

$100 in Seattle will be difficult. Lodging is very high. Look at the Seattle forum of tripadvisor under Top Questions to find info on hotels.

Are you taking an early morning train? If so, you probably should stay in the downtown core, where you'll find all the usual hotel chains. The Seattle Center area is a little cheaper and a cab to the train station would only be about $15....Quality Inn, Hampton court, Holiday Inn Express.

The Green Tortoise Hostel gets great reviews.

If your on a later train, the airport hotels are more budget friendly. You can ride the Light Rail from SeaTac to downtown for $3 pp, but you need to be able to manage your own luggage ... it's a 10 minute walk thru the parking garage to reach the rail station.

Next July, we will stay in Seattle for 2 nights post-cruise. Looked at the Travelodge but dismissed it due to bad reviews.:p Booked the Belltown Inn (downtown) for 2 nights for 2 adults with queen bed for a total of $297.62. Reviews are good to great, and location looks perfect!:cool: You may also want to check out eating at the Sky City restaurant atop the Space Needle; for a minimum per person spending of $25 for lunch or $35 for dinner, it includes access to the observation deck ($23 per person). Eating a nice meal along with the views is a no brainer to me! You need reservations; we'll go just before dark, so we can see the daytime and nighttime views!;) Have fun!

Thanks everyone...

My train to Vancouver leaves 7:40 a.m.

If it leaves at 7:40am you probably need to be at the station an hour prior, so 6:40am. Unless you like getting up early, a downtown or Seattle Center hotel would be easiest.

SeaTac airport is a good 1/2 hr away, so keep that in mind if you choose to stay out there. The Sleep Inn is under $100 and well reviewed but you would need to be in a cab by 6/6:15am. The cab would cost another $50 but still cheaper than staying downtown.

Like one of the previous posters we enjoy staying at the Maxwell in Seattle Center area. However they also own another hotel with cheaper rates, much closer to the Amtrak station - Hotel Five on 5th ave (easy walk from Westgate mall, so also convenient to get there from Seatac using light rail). We went straight from here to board the Amtrak morning train back to Vancouver Sunday morning - cost a whopping $10 on the meter.

It's a very similar vibe to the Maxwell but with smaller rooms - we tried it earlier this year on our way back from a vacation and got rate of $99 a night for a Saturday in early April. Unlikely you'd find it quite so cheap if you're cruising in peak season of course.

Next July, we will stay in Seattle for 2 nights post-cruise. Looked at the Travelodge but dismissed it due to bad reviews.:p Booked the Belltown Inn (downtown) for 2 nights for 2 adults with queen bed for a total of $297.62. Reviews are good to great, and location looks perfect!:cool: You may also want to check out eating at the Sky City restaurant atop the Space Needle; for a minimum per person spending of $25 for lunch or $35 for dinner, it includes access to the observation deck ($23 per person). Eating a nice meal along with the views is a no brainer to me! You need reservations; we'll go just before dark, so we can see the daytime and nighttime views!;) Have fun!

If you mean the Travelodge at the Space Needle, I was just there and it was okay. I booked it through booking.com and got a rate of $120. It's a little worn looking in places (elevator and hallways), but otherwise, I had no issues with it at all.

It's a couple of blocks from the Space Needle and they have a shuttle to either Pier 69 or Pier 91 for $5.00. There's also a free continental breakfast, and although the eating area is pretty small, the food is fine.

I'd stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...

We are a group sailing on the Norwegian Jewel next year for the Alaska cruise. We will be staying on the Travelodge near the Space Needle because we found a wonderful rate to stay for 2 nights. So we decide to book this hotel for next year. We looked every hotel at Seattle and all of them had high prices so we decided to go for this one. I hope it's ok.

We are a group sailing on the Norwegian Jewel next year for the Alaska cruise. We will be staying on the Travelodge near the Space Needle because we found a wonderful rate to stay for 2 nights. So we decide to book this hotel for next year. We looked every hotel at Seattle and all of them had high prices so we decided to go for this one. I hope it's ok.

It's fine. It's a 70's looking place but when I stopped by 2 yrs ago they were in the process of renovating one side of the hotel ... elevators, rooms, etc. It's about a 4-5 block walk to the Space Needle whiere you can catch the monorail to downtown (westlake Center) in less than 5 minutes. Westlake is on 5th and the Pike Place Market is on 2nd so another easy walk. Be sure to visit the Market FIRST THING in the morning... the crowds get overwhelming by 11am.

We've stayed at the Moore Hotel a couple of timesna few years ago. Old but clean, and budget friendly for being as close to Pike Place Market as it is. Couple of (steep) blocks or so. And nighttime in the area can bring out some odd characters. We've also stayed at Inn at the Market. Yeah $$$. But had $$$ views of Puget Sound and the distant mountains from the mock balcony, too. Our standards are low enough to allow us to be happy at the Moore for the $ price vs the $$$ price, though. :)

Archived