Pacific Dawn-April Cruise

onemore557

Hello cruisers,

This being my first cruise I am needing some assistance in the timing of embarkation i.e.:

- On the pamphlet I received from the travel agent it says "Embarking from 2:00pm".

- On the website for P&O it says that the cruise departs at 2:00pm.

Now not wanting to miss the ship so to speak and not wanting to arrive at the terminal too early which one should I go by.

Further to this, instead of waiting in a line for hours what is the latest time one can front up for embarkation to miss the line-up?

Cheers Ahoy

Hello cruisers,

This being my first cruise I am needing some assistance in the timing of embarkation i.e.:

- On the pamphlet I received from the travel agent it says "Embarking from 2:00pm".

- On the website for P&O it says that the cruise departs at 2:00pm.

Now not wanting to miss the ship so to speak and not wanting to arrive at the terminal too early which one should I go by.

Further to this, instead of waiting in a line for hours what is the latest time one can front up for embarkation to miss the line-up?

Cheers Ahoy

we havent embarked from Brisbane but seeing the ship departs at 2pm its all onboard by 1pm, seeing you dont wish to wait in line if you get there about 12pm you should be fine and once onboard you'll be able to have lunch.....have you looked at the FAQ

http://www.pocruises.com.au/alreadybooked/pages/default.aspx#PageTabNavigation

one little tip if you can pay with cash for your onboard spending its so much better but you have to put down $300 within 24 hours at the pursers desk....(under the FAQ it tells about money matters)

We always cruise from Brisbane and like to get there early, usually 9.00 - 9.30 You can drop off your luggage, get your boarding papers, and then go an have a coffee around the corner at Portside. Because you are early, you get an early boarding pass, like A or B, and quite likely find that you are in your cabin before 11.30- 12.00.

We tried leaving late but found that we were twiddling our thumbs at home, all packed up looking at dumb morning TV, whereas on the Dawn you can get yourself familiar with surroundings, get some lunch before the herd - our holiday starts when we check in; and it sure beats being late!!!!