Beach for RCCL "Barbados Beach Break"?

Platypus_72

My fiancee and I were thinking of doing the Barbados Beach Break excursion through Royal Caribbean. Does anyone know off hand which beach they go to? I've read that some of the beaches aren't very good, but others are really nice. I just want to know what we'd be getting into. (The excursion is only $20/person for 5 hours so that's why we're doing it through the cruise line.)

Some of the crew told us about The Boatyard in Barbados.. It's a place where alot of them go if they go on shore..4 of us took a cab there for like 20 bucks I think.. It was cheap..When you get there the manager comes out and greats you with the deal of the day..Fixed price, lounge chairs with umbrella, free drink, and ride back to cruise ship included..Not sure but somewhere around $25 a person but don't hold me to that. Either way, we will do again..I could be off a bit, but it was good there..Good Bar, food reasonably priced. Drink specials, buckets of beer..Two or three story high dock separates a lounging beach area, and the other side is more for the activity minded..Water events, Volleyball etc..People walk out on dock and swing on big rope swing into the water, then swim over to giant inflatable.. Fun to watch..

My fiancee and I were thinking of doing the Barbados Beach Break excursion through Royal Caribbean. Does anyone know off hand which beach they go to? I've read that some of the beaches aren't very good, but others are really nice. I just want to know what we'd be getting into. (The excursion is only $20/person for 5 hours so that's why we're doing it through the cruise line.)

I would email Royal Caribbean & ask, we have done this before with other cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just wondering what your definition of a "good beach " is.

In terms of sea and sand there is no such thing as a "bad beach" in Barbados (some may say I am biased;)) If amenities like chairs/umbrellas etc. are important to you then I guess there maybe quite a few "not so good" beaches in Barbados.

I hope you enjoy your stay on the island.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Acura beach. It was nice……………….

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skip the cruiseline tour and hop a taxi $6 one way to the Boatyard. The beach is fabulous. For $15 you get a chair, umbrella and a drink coupon and a free taxi on the way back. So worth it.... There is a rope swing and other things in the water. We have been going there for the last 12 years. We love it and so do the crew.

Our friends did a snorkeling tour and we saw the wife walking down the beach - so much for a "private" beach..... They were sorry they did it.

Aren't there several day pass choices on Carlisle Bay? We went to Harbour Lights and that was fine.

There are several places on Carlisle Bay. Lobsters Alive (very close to Boatyard) does not require a day pass ... if you want chairs & an umbrella, they'll need to be rented.

LuLu