Atriums?

Royalty X

One feature of ships that I'm a big fan of is the atriums. The three current ships in P&O's fleet have them. I know Pacific Sun didn't, but what about Pacific Sky or Pacific Star? Did they have anything like an atrium? If so, can someone please post a pic? Thanks! :)

Hi finetuneit,

I really don't know much about Pacific Star, sorry.

I don't think Pacific Sky had an atrium but I have a deck plan of her somewhere as Fairsky and I will try to find it to confirm if no one else knows.

Nowithstanding this I think she had many similarities to our existing P&O ships as they were all built and designed for Sitmar Cruises originally.

I think Pacific Pearl (originally Sitmar FairMajesty) is the DNA link between them, a lot of people have said that she reminds them of Pacific Sky. She has the Funnel shape and placement and the open raked stern decks reminiscent of Pacific Sky and the atrium, dome and lifeboat cutouts similar to the Pacific Jewel and Pacific Dawn.

Pacific Pearl was also originally ordered as a steam ship (the same as Pacific Sky) but her order was changed to diesel engines after the Sitmar saw the successful conversion of the QE2 to diesel and ordered the same type of engine for FairMajesty..

Archived