Princess Payback

Those who know me know i have cancelled, swapped and changed cruise's various times for various reasons over the years, well today is " PAYBACK DAY " ......... with Princess " CANCELLING OUR DIAMOND PRINCESS BEIJING TO VANCOUVER MAY 2014" cruise :eek::eek: this was to be the first leg of our round the world cruise crawl.....:D:D oh well off to rework the plan............:cool:

Question is if she's not going home in 2014 where is she staying??????????? Princess Australia badly need a big beautiful ship such as her......just thinking out loud.....cheers Shiona

Those who know me know i have cancelled, swapped and changed cruise's various times for various reasons over the years, well today is " PAYBACK DAY " ......... with Princess " CANCELLING OUR DIAMOND PRINCESS BEIJING TO VANCOUVER MAY 2014" cruise :eek::eek: this was to be the first leg of our round the world cruise crawl.....:D:D oh well off to rework the plan............:cool:

Question is if she's not going home in 2014 where is she staying??????????? Princess Australia badly need a big beautiful ship such as her......just thinking out loud.....cheers Shiona

Now that IS interesting. Did they give you an option on a different date for the relocation cruise or just totally cancelled it with no explanation?

Cancelled completely Eileen

Please be advised due to operational reasons, Diamond Princess voyage M410A departing May 2, 2014, has been cancelled. You will receive a full refund of the cruise fare, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection, pre and post hotel packages, and government fees and taxes. We have created two new voyages on Diamond Princess in fall 2013 to Southeast Asia sailing roundtrip from Singapore.

Bit of a shock, but I'm sure you already have option B and C in the planning stage, Shiona.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Diamond Princess was to be based in Australia, as Princess/Carnival is being left behind by Royal Caribbean/Celebrity in standard of cruise ships cruising in Australia/NZ.

Cancelled completely Eileen

Please be advised due to operational reasons, Diamond Princess voyage M410A departing May 2, 2014, has been cancelled. You will receive a full refund of the cruise fare, transfers, Princess Vacation Protection, pre and post hotel packages, and government fees and taxes. We have created two new voyages on Diamond Princess in fall 2013 to Southeast Asia sailing roundtrip from Singapore.

Hmmm.... so they are keeping it here longer then? Maybe they will keep it here. I hope they don't turn it into a Princess Australia ship and ruin it! :mad:

I read somewhere she is due for a refit around that time....so I would not be surprised for a major refit to take place in maybe , Japan/China, and she will remain to service the very lucrative Asian market, and then come down under as usual.

We have created two new voyages on Diamond Princess in fall 2013 to Southeast Asia sailing round trip from Singapore.

Surprise ....Surprise.

Singapore built that new terminal to cater for and service the big cruise ships ....and guess what...

They , (Princess) , are going to use it.

Now perhaps if our planners took note of what Singapore has done...??????

I read somewhere she is due for a refit around that time....so I would not be surprised for a major refit to take place in maybe , Japan/China, and she will remain to service the very lucrative Asian market, and then come down under as usual.

I hope that is the case David.... I don't think I want to see her "Aussiefied" and turned into an Australian Princess ship. JMHO of course, there are probably many people out there that would love her to be based in Australia. I am just not one of them.

Surprise ....Surprise.

Singapore built that new terminal to cater for and service the big cruise ships ....and guess what...

They , (Princess) , are going to use it.

Now perhaps if our planners took note of what Singapore has done...??????

It seems more likely she will be based in Singapore perhaps. The Sun will be based in Japan part of the year.

Word has it that her cruises back to 21st Feb appear cancelled ... going to be a long refit:D:D:D.

Marion had no plan B or C this one was a keeper ... however a new plan has been formulated... we are now allowing 12 months to get around so will have plenty of choices :D:D we will become Cruise Gypsies:eek:

I read somewhere she is due for a refit around that time....so I would not be surprised for a major refit to take place in maybe , Japan/China, and she will remain to service the very lucrative Asian market

That would be my guess as well.

Word has it that her cruises back to 21st Feb appear cancelled ... going to be a long refit:D:D:D.

Marion had no plan B or C this one was a keeper ... however a new plan has been formulated... we are now allowing 12 months to get around so will have plenty of choices :D:D we will become Cruise Gypsies:eek:

Plan D - 12 months sounds good.

I meant plan B or C, after the unexpected cancellation. I knew this cruise was to be part of a bigger trip, so you must have been very disappointed to receive this news.

Cancellations definitely are becoming more frequent now, so it doesn't pay to book too far ahead.

Archived