Star flyer Rivieras Sept. 11- 25

justjoejj

:)As the date quickly descends upon us, we were wondering if there are any of you fellow cruisers arrriving Nice at 11:40AM on the the 11th and would like to share a cab to the port in Monaco. Likewise on the 25th from Cannes to Nice Airport if your flight leaves at 10:35AM.

Other alternatives are: The bus from Nice is 18 Euros p/p and the walk from the bus stop is 15-20 min. I don't know how much the bus from Cannes is on the 25th but my information says it goes directly from the port by the Hotel Deville to the airport.

Bonjour, justjoejj

Though I am not in the lucky position to cruise away with Star Flyer on the 11th, here are the requested infos:

The Airport Express Bus from Nice airport to Monaco is the easiest and least expensive link between the two places. If you get out of the bus in Monaco either at the Marriott Hotel or the Office du Tourisme (whatever comes first ... busses do not always take the same route), you can call a Monaco cab which drops you off right at the pier in front of the embarkation hall. Rates should be € 10-12 per cab. Phone # 08.20.20.98.98.

If you get off the bus in the Port area, i.e. the Sainte Devote stop, you might not find a cab to drive you "only" around the port and to walk this distance with luggage is a bit difficult ... and long.

To go back from Cannes to the airport, you've got almost the same problem, however, there's a local bus at the end of the parking lot leaving for downtown Cannes. The tender pier is situated at the farthest end of the port and a big parking lot is situated between the port and the main street. It is only 2 stops to the Hotel de Ville bus station (there are lot of busses there leaving in all directions) and the fare is € 1 per person. The Airport express bus leaves from the bus terminal and rates should be almost the same as to Monaco.

Hope you can still get this message before you leave for your vacation. Have fun!

Archived