Muster Drill

Squirty27

As I recall when we went to the "drill" last year, the scanned our room keys and then said to take a seat. Did their thing, maybe in about 10 minutes and that was it. We didn't learn a whole lot.

Has anyone ever had their keys scanned and just left? Sorry to say it but it was pretty useless.

Thanks

As I recall when we went to the "drill" last year, the scanned our room keys and then said to take a seat. Did their thing, maybe in about 10 minutes and that was it. We didn't learn a whole lot.

Has anyone ever had their keys scanned and just left? Sorry to say it but it was pretty useless.

Thanks

Our last 2 muster drills were set up as you noted. I do remember that there were crew members at the entrance who gave you directions to the area where your room card would be scanned. Mostly likely those same crew members would be noticing if people were leaving before the drill ended.

They checked off names from a list and did not scan any keys on our cruise last week.

If you did check in and leave you probably wouldn't get far before staff would see you and send you back.

Edited by webzila

They checked off names from a list and did not scan any keys on our cruise last week.

If you did check in and leave you probably wouldn't get far before staff would see you and send you back.

You know you are right about the names being checked off.:)

Thanks

They've always just asked for our room number. But really where would you go? Nothing is open..everything closes for muster drill. Can't you just grin and bare it for those 10 minutes? If they were to find out you skipped they could make you goto the make up drill the next day.

Trying to leave could just delay things for the rest of the ship.

In my experience, the muster drill is usually about 25% actually doing the drill and 75% waiting for stragglers to arrive. Just do the other few thousand people on board a favour and just sit through it. That way everyone can get on with their holiday quicker.

Personally. I'd rather sit through the drill than get kicked off the ship. Just saying. If you're a frequent cruiser, it's no big deal, same as she safety video on air planes. However, there was this little ship you might have heard of. The RMS Titanic.. I'd rather not end up like them and floating in the ocean.

Personally. I'd rather sit through the drill than get kicked off the ship. Just saying. If you're a frequent cruiser, it's no big deal, same as she safety video on air planes. However, there was this little ship you might have heard of. The RMS Titanic.. I'd rather not end up like them and floating in the ocean.

Especially If it is Norway or SA Cape Horn :eek:

Trying to leave could just delay things for the rest of the ship.

In my experience, the muster drill is usually about 25% actually doing the drill and 75% waiting for stragglers to arrive. Just do the other few thousand people on board a favour and just sit through it. That way everyone can get on with their holiday quicker.

Actually, unless it is a trilingual muster, isn't the percentage more like 10/90?:rolleyes:

Edited by davesgirl51

Thanks

Edited : Just couldn't say it.

Edited by umpy10

If there is an emergency, you will find it MORE than useful...you'll know where to go! Actually, with your attitude, maybe you should ignore everything about muster. That would be fitting.
no need to have an attitude, was just asking. There were so many people talking during it last year, you could hardly hear it, anyway.

no need to have an attitude, was just asking. There were so many people talking during it last year, you could hardly hear it, anyway.

For your and other's sake I hope that after the drill you informed officials that the staff assigned to your station didn't do their job by keeping people quiet so that wouldn't happen to others.