San Juan Fascination Disembarkation Time

Hello there! We will be on the June 19-26 Southern Caribbean sailing on the Carnival Fascination. I have never been on a cruise where the embarkation port (San Juan) is also a full port day for those who embarked in Barbados. What time is disembarkation in San Juan at the end of the cruise? Just wondering if they offer a "window" of time. Our flights are not until later in the afternoon and I am wondering if they might allow us to remain onboard longer. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Hello there! We will be on the June 19-26 Southern Caribbean sailing on the Carnival Fascination. I have never been on a cruise where the embarkation port (San Juan) is also a full port day for those who embarked in Barbados. What time is disembarkation in San Juan at the end of the cruise? Just wondering if they offer a "window" of time. Our flights are not until later in the afternoon and I am wondering if they might allow us to remain onboard longer. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

We had a 445 flight so we booked a carnival excursion which transported us to airport after excursion. Went on bacardi rum factory tour.

We did this sailing in 2014, and you will not notice anything different from any other ships disembarkation. When we picked up passengers in Barbados, there was maybe only a hand full of people, not enough to notice. As for getting off the ship, I want to say they started letting people off around 8am. They get everyone off ASAP, because they let people start boarding around 11am at this port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm confused. Do they make the people who are technically not disembarking until they return back to Barbados get off too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. Those of us that embark in Barbados also have to get off in PR and go through customs, even if we plan to spend the day on the ship. If we spend the day in PR, we by pass the custom lines and get straight on the ship like a normal port when getting back on.

• 3 weeks later...

Off of the Fascination last Sun. We had to leave our cabins by 8 a.m. because they were going to do something with the water system. We decided to self-disembark so were off by 8:00. We had Carnival transfers to the airport. Had originally booked the excursion to see the forts but our airline changed our flight time and it wouldn't allow us time for the tour and still be dropped off at the airport 2-hours prior to our flight ( needed to check bags). The airport shuttle got us to SJU in 20 mins--but it was too early to check bags and get boarding tickets. No seating at the airport so we just stood there for 2 hours. Don't forget to go through the Dept. of Agriculture check-in and get all your bags tagged with their stickers.)