What to buy?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:57 PM.
Akron OH
80 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
It will be our first cruise in January so I am wondering what will be a good buy in Hondutace?
Any ideas weclome.
What you consider a good catch in Roatan? Some food? Wines? Clothes? Souvenires?
Thanks in advance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Pearl 2009

Norwegian Sky 12/08/2014 Bermuda
Vancouver Island, Canada
202 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
When we were in Roatan in 2007 we didn't leave enough time to do any shopping, but what I was told was wooden bowls, cameos and carved conch shells were beautiful from there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Dawn March 11, 2007
Celebrity Galaxy April 7, 2008
Holland America Noordam, May 4, 2010
Mystic, CT
746 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Anyone else? what are some nice trinkets from Roatan? do they have any particular wine or drinks that are special? any more ideas?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
02-01-2009 Norwegian Pearl
289 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by NatashaKo
It will be our first cruise in January so I am wondering what will be a good buy in Hondutace?
Any ideas weclome.
What you consider a good catch in Roatan? Some food? Wines? Clothes? Souvenires?
Thanks in advance.
We were there last January and bought the most beautiful wood carving of an underwater scene complete with colorful fish and plants. We currently have it as a wall hanging, but it would easily be made into a coffee table.
482 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Any wood carving and cameos. I picked up a couple of beauitful carved canes when I was thee a few weeks ago.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

02/07/10 Freedom Eastern Caribbean
10/16/05 Miracle Western Caribbean
11/30/08 Legend Western Caribbean
Ontario, Canada
32 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Google "Lenca Pottery" we picked up several pieces during our cruise stop last month. It is unique and very inexpensive.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Norway
Disney Big Red Boat
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
HAL Rotterdam
Carnival Conquest
HAL Zuiderdam
Carnival Glory
HAL Maasdam
HAL Veendam
NCL Sky
HAL Rotterdam
From NY Living in Sydney
627 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Some of the wood carvings are great! Also they have wooden trunks there all hand carved... They are amaizing but expensive... If I had the cash I would buy one and when I got back to the states ship it home... Make sure to check them out!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New Yorkers sick of snow...
Repin Table 190! (Glory 2009)

UN-Official RumRunner Tester and RCCL "BS" Bouncer

Cruise ports visited: Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Belieze, Honduras, Cozumel, Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten
  • Carnival Imagination5/03-(NYC Cruise)
  • Carnival Valor 3/08
  • Carnival Glory 3/09
482 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by Grace&Geoff
Some of the wood carvings are great! Also they have wooden trunks there all hand carved... They are amaizing but expensive... If I had the cash I would buy one and when I got back to the states ship it home... Make sure to check them out!
Oh I forgot about the trunks, they are cool.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

02/07/10 Freedom Eastern Caribbean
10/16/05 Miracle Western Caribbean
11/30/08 Legend Western Caribbean