Construction detours/delays around FLL??

DaveOKC

The construction has been going on for more than two years but the delays are expected to lessen in the next few months as all the tunnels that carry US1 under the new runway are finished.

But how can anyone give you an update on delays getting to your hotel if you don't tell us which hotel you are staying at? I would assume yours is in the Dania Beach area as there is no direct entrance to the airport from the south; vans from that direction have to either approach the airport from the NW on I-595 or go past the airport on US1 and make a U-turn. From a local's perspective those are not significant delays--but if trying to get in or out of the airport on the weekend at the same time cruisers are headed for Port Everglades, your van will definitely be creeping in heavy traffic. Thus day and time of arrival would be helpful information as well.

Edited by fishywood

The construction has been going on for more than two years but the delays are expected to lessen in the next few months as all the tunnels that carry US1 under the new runway are finished.

But how can anyone give you an update on delays getting to your hotel if you don't tell us which hotel you are staying at? I would assume yours is in the Dania Beach area as there is no direct entrance to the airport from the south; vans from that direction have to either approach the airport from the NW on I-595 or go past the airport on US1 and make a U-turn. From a local's perspective those are not significant delays--but if trying to get in or out of the airport on the weekend at the same time cruisers are headed for Port Everglades, your van will definitely be creeping in heavy traffic.

Sorry, I did not think it would be an issue, but it is Dania Beach (Springhill Suites).

I was thinking of booking a 17th Street hotel (Ren.) but did not want to get into the traffic issue in a taxi. so I assume from your comments that my Oct. cruise will not be a problem?

Sorry, I did not think it would be an issue, but it is Dania Beach (Springhill Suites).

I was thinking of booking a 17th Street hotel (Ren.) but did not want to get into the traffic issue in a taxi. so I assume from your comments that my Oct. cruise will not be a problem?

A hotel on 17th Street would be much more convenient than Dania Beach. A cheap cab ride also.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in January and March. Both times we used the hotel shuttle to the cruiseport (which is free) and had no long delays...in fact made good time.

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in January and March. Both times we used the hotel shuttle to the cruiseport (which is free) and had no long delays...in fact made good time.

What time was the earliest shuttle to the cruiseport?

DaveOKC