Celebrity Website

bouhunter

I know it's an old topic to complain about the website, but.......

I've been on the Celebrity site 5-6 times in the past couple weeks to price out cruises and only once has it worked. Usually you get half way into the process and it just stops before you get to where you'd pick a stateroom. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to sell cruises:mad:

You seem to be getting problems very early in the chain. Not being able to find new cruises to book is not usually the problem.

Usually most people can see and book rooms ok it is when you try to add extras to your cruise or check your balance you get the anomalies!

If you are seriously cruise hunting, rather than just browsing ring them up and find out what is available.

Alternatively wait a while and I am sure someone will give you technical advice re your problem.

Despite the website, hope you find and book a great cruise!

Yep it is bad. Did all this playing up Celebrity to friends wanting to go on an Alaska cruise. They have never cruised before….. doing it for their anniversary. The day she tried to book it was the day that a bunch of X cruises were showing sold out for 2016…..I mean every cabin. She panicked and booked another cruise line. Oh well !

I had an issue with my name all of a sudden including a Jr at the end (I'm not). I tried to correct on line, hah! The Captains Club number doesn't match the name...no kidding! I called Captains Club, answered immediately by a Linda. She was great, immediately fixed the error on the name & had me sign into manage my reservation--all fixed. She did say that they have been working diligently on the website & expect to roll out the update soon. She did suggest that I print out my reservations, just in case...

I know it's an old topic to complain about the website, but.......

I've been on the Celebrity site 5-6 times in the past couple weeks to price out cruises and only once has it worked. Usually you get half way into the process and it just stops before you get to where you'd pick a stateroom. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to sell cruises:mad:

Try using a "normal" desktop browser like chrome and turn off all your ad blocking.

Trying to use the celebrity site on an iPad, for example, is simply masochistic.

I had an issue with my name all of a sudden including a Jr at the end (I'm not). I tried to correct on line, hah! The Captains Club number doesn't match the name...no kidding! I called Captains Club, answered immediately by a Linda. She was great, immediately fixed the error on the name & had me sign into manage my reservation--all fixed. She did say that they have been working diligently on the website & expect to roll out the update soon. She did suggest that I print out my reservations, just in case...
Yes, quite a few of us were surprised to find out that Jr had been added to our name, or to the name of a family member.

There was even a special thread about it:

Celebrity Web Site - "JR" Strikes Again

I wonder if they will fix it system wide when they roll out the update, or if every person affected will need to contact Celebrity individually to request a correction.

Some who have not had reason to check their Celebrity accounts recently may not yet even be aware that they could now have Jr at the end of their names.

We usually cruise on Princess out of Australia and their website is a breeze to use. Just recently we booked, for the 1st time, on a Celebrity cruise from Hawaii to Sydney and I just couldn't get over their website. It is the most user unfriendly I have ever come across. Someone needs to let them know about the KISS method of web design. I can negotiate Government websites with less angst than Celebritys'.

Edited by happysnapper

...She did say that they have been working diligently on the website & expect to roll out the update soon....

This has been the case for at least the past 5 years. They have come out with some major revisions over that time but each of them has been as problem prone and buggy as the one before if not worse.

I've mentioned this one a few times. At first, as a new Celebrity cruiser, I was horrified, but I've come around to feeling somewhat amused and even affectionate.

20951194595_de76c7ab83.jpg

Vampires beware!

(ok, it's really silly that this site blocks i m g u r.)

Edited by perditax

Small thread bump. I had such a weird experience last night. I ended up looking at Princess cruises because I couldn't sleep. On my old, battered iPad mini, the booking site worked flawlessly. There was even a stateroom virtual tour for many of the room types ... which worked flawlessly. On a tiny little iPad. It was so weird.

(Disclaimer: this is not a Princess v Celebrity thing. This is me being funny because this was the first time I found any cruiseline website that actually worked properly/intuitively, much less worked on an iPad in the middle of the night while half-asleep. I just didn't know such a creature existed.)

I've just made a booking...maybe...am not sure what the heck is going on! Tried several times and each time I chose an available stateroom it then said I couldn't select it and when I went back that cabin (and loads more) were suddenly not on the available list.

Eventually I found a one that seemed to let me book it and went for it, completed the booking, completed the payment, got the screen came up with reference numbers. All good. But going onto My celebrity it firstly showed as no reservations; when I put the booking reference in it brought it up but says it's on hold, expires in 24hrs.

Is this just part of the booking process, it takes a while to show fully on screen? Or should I be worried? I thought the disappearing cabins was down to people taking advantage of the half price offer (I was) so was glad to have got through and booked, now just hoping I actually have

I have been making incremental payments on an exiting reservation. I gave up doing it on line and now call. I would enter the credit card info and $ amount thru the "make a payment" link connected to the booking. Every single time, the following happened: The price of the cruise would change to the current, much higher price of my cabin, the 1-2-3 Go perks disappeared, the cruise insurance disappeared and the amount of the payment got added to the existing balance. I would then call and a nice customer service person would fix it. After three occurrences of this, I decided to stop using the website and just call.