Easy fly (BAGS) problem

donno

we did the easy fly program on the POA (which is currently charging 25.99 per person, btw). when we received our bill the last morning also had charges of $15 per bag which should not have been there as we were flying first class.

Checking with the pursor they said it was the airlines fault and we needed to get a refund from them. Inquiring at the airport, the airline said it was NCLs fault and we would need to talk to them. Called the ship from the airport, they said "there is nothing we can do, talk to the airline" And so goes the back and forth for hours before i just gave up for the day.

In any event i am back at home now, gonna call NCL corporate once i catch up on sleep but just wondering if anyone here on cc has encountered this problem and found someone who would actually be able to deal with it in a timely mannor instead of just calling the corporate number, talking through it, getting transfered, repeating story, getting transfered again, etc.

thanks in advance for any help.

-donno

PS: and btw, the cruise was great!! :)

We did the same thing, just off the Pearl and saw the charge on the form. We also flew first class and are Medallion, but assumed that the charge was the airlines charge and not NCL. Even though they charged us per bag, we felt it was soooo worthwhile and will gladly do it again.

B. Cole

we did the easy fly program on the POA (which is currently charging 25.99 per person, btw). when we received our bill the last morning also had charges of $15 per bag which should not have been there as we were flying first class.

Checking with the pursor they said it was the airlines fault and we needed to get a refund from them. Inquiring at the airport, the airline said it was NCLs fault and we would need to talk to them. Called the ship from the airport, they said "there is nothing we can do, talk to the airline" And so goes the back and forth for hours before i just gave up for the day.

In any event i am back at home now, gonna call NCL corporate once i catch up on sleep but just wondering if anyone here on cc has encountered this problem and found someone who would actually be able to deal with it in a timely mannor instead of just calling the corporate number, talking through it, getting transfered, repeating story, getting transfered again, etc.

thanks in advance for any help.

-donno

PS: and btw, the cruise was great!! :)

Glad you had a Great cruise!

Forgive me for asking but does flying first class make a difference concerning your charges? We are also flying first class (for the first time ever, lol) and would like to use the easy fly program if it is available for our airline (Northwest) when we cruise on POA in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the heads up on the charges :)

I think many airlines waive the per bag charge (usually $15) for checked baggage for those travelling first class as well as those who are among the upper levels of the airline's frequent flyer program (which is what I assume "Medallion" is). I think it's worth pursuing a refund if you didn't need to pay that fee and were charged it anyway.

My guess is that the vendor who runs the Bags program routinely just charges this fee (in addition to whatever fee they get for transferring the bags) and if the airlines do not invoice them for it, they probably keep it. I'd bet there are a lot of people who just wouldn't go to the bother of trying to get it back.

First Class passengers (at least on Delta/NW) get 3 bags each at no cost. But remember, the BAGS program only allows 2 bags per person. We checked 2 bags on the ship and carried one to the Delta counter and checked it. That made it easy in that we didn't have to let go of everything the night before we disembarked and had no problem at the airport with the third bag.

B. Cole

P.S. Thanks for the number of the BAGS program to call for reimbursement of the charge!

We had the same issue on Star over Thanksgiving. Ours got resolved by Star's emabarcation officer. I brought it to the attention of the purser before leaving the ship and got the embarcation's officer's email. When I hadn't seen a credit on my charge card in a week or so, i emailed him/her and magically 2 days later got an email back saying they had processed a credit and indeed they had. I have no idea what the embarcation officer's email is on POA but on star it was emb13 at ncl dot com....maybe email him/her and ask them to forward to POA's?

Good Luck

Try this number for Bags, Inc. We had the same problem and they were the ones that made the error and refunded the charge. 321 251 5435

just an update, called the number above and they were very nice and easy to deal with. in total i was probably on the phone for about 20 mins, they go ahead and call the airline to verify your flight info (they will need your record locator number). were able to authorize the refund back to me (they took my card info over the phone), give me a confirmation number for the chargeback transation and was told it should be processed in 2-3 days and to call back if i didn't see it by then.

Archived