Coast to Coast Grand Turk Safari

RedRam99V8

• 3 weeks later...

Reviews on carnival boards are favorable. Good way to see the island, if you don't want to walk around a lot. Might be able to get a taxi to do the same "tour" cheaper, but don't know if any of the drivers will be as knowledgeable as the tour guide. Not a very big island so tour should have lots of time for some stops.

http://reviews.carnival.com/3513-en_us/440042/coast-to-coast-grand-turk-safari-reviews/reviews.htm

• 1 year later...

My husband and I went on this after our first excursion got cancelled that morning.

Honestly I wasn't a fan. Some of the views are pretty but its just ok. The light house that it stops at is just like any other and there is nothing on the grounds (it costs 3 to get in but there is really just a gift shop)

The little market they stop at was a bit cool as they have some local items, we got a painted picture as a cool souvenir.

My DH got a turks beer but you can also get it in margaritaville without taking the tour.

You also have a "beach stop" but its only like 15 min so its not like you can actually do anything at that beach. The beach the ship is just in front of is better with tons of beech chairs and you can swim there, rent a float, or a snorkel, etc.

As for renting at the main beech we weren't impressed there, watch out for them claming the price went up and they just haven't changed the sign (not sure if true but seemed sketchy to me) or not giving you everything listed on the sign. Due to this I didn't get fins with my snorkel rental... wasn't a huge deal small enough area that I didn't really need them anyway though.

My husband and I went on this after our first excursion got cancelled that morning.

Honestly I wasn't a fan. Some of the views are pretty but its just ok. The light house that it stops at is just like any other and there is nothing on the grounds (it costs 3 to get in but there is really just a gift shop)

The little market they stop at was a bit cool as they have some local items, we got a painted picture as a cool souvenir.

My DH got a turks beer but you can also get it in margaritaville without taking the tour.

You also have a "beach stop" but its only like 15 min so its not like you can actually do anything at that beach. The beach the ship is just in front of is better with tons of beech chairs and you can swim there, rent a float, or a snorkel, etc.

As for renting at the main beech we weren't impressed there, watch out for them claming the price went up and they just haven't changed the sign (not sure if true but seemed sketchy to me) or not giving you everything listed on the sign. Due to this I didn't get fins with my snorkel rental... wasn't a huge deal small enough area that I didn't really need them anyway though.

Thanks for the information! I think I might just make it a beach day around the port.

• 2 weeks later...