Fantasy Camp Carnival Itenerary

Fouryoungladies

Even if you found one from last week-- that stuff changes all the time.

I have a program from the breeze if you want to look at it

serene56@aol.com

dont discuss this with the kids in case activites change=-- avoid disappointment at all costs

Edited by serene56

I got a set from a dec sailing for my cruise in Feb. Shared it with the grand daughter who was 5

we boarded and NOTHING was the same.

Needless to say I had a very disappointed kid.

But i try to let people know-- even with the funtime they want to see it will not be the same and use it as a guideline only.

Well, we leave in less than a week and I have yet to find anything current for our ship. I will photograph ours and share when we return just in case.

What I have learned during my search is that the activities change frequently. I was primarily trying to decide *if* my kids would be interested in participating rather than exactly what they would be doing.

I have read many different reviews and what seems to be consistent among them is that the child's enjoyment of the program had a lot more to do with the other children participating than exactly what it was they were doing. That makes a lot of sense. So, while we don't really know what to expect, we are going to check it out and meet the other families on board.:)

Go to the orientation. get the activity sheet which they will give you for the entire week.

take a highliter and let them mark it up to what they want to do or not do

GD has been on 5 cruises. SHe was 5 the 3rd one and hated the camp.

(she said the babies are crying and the teachers will not let her talk to them)

next cruise she went a hand ful of times and stayed with us mostly.

how old are the kids?

camps are closed a lot it seems

opens at 10 and closed at 12:45

opens at 2 and closes at 5

opens at 7 and paid at 10

the younger camps-- 2-5 and 6-8 run their activities every 30 minutes-- they do keep the kids busy and moving

the 9-11 can sign themselves in and out and will need your permission to do so so they can participate in the scavenger hunts etc.

just tell your kids they have to stay away from the cabin areas-- no going to any ones cabin for any reason what so ever. the same goes they can not bring kids to their own cabin.

Edited by serene56

My oldest nephew will be 11 when we cruise. We went on a cruise together when he was 8, so this will be the first time he will be able to roam about by himself. His mother had a heart attack when she heard that. I plan on having a good conversation with him about what is and is NOT acceptable. I will also warn him that the cabin is a terribly boring place to be grounded to for an entire 5 day cruise if he pisses me off. :D. I am actually getting him a watch for his b-day in February so that he will be able to adhere to the "Must meet at X time at Y spot, or DIE!!!"

• 2 months later...

I need some more info on the camp carnival, they say they are closed from 5-7 but they offer dinner every night? so the kids can have dinner with other kids but they dont have structured activities? i am just trying to figure out how I am going to dress up for dinner if they dont have dinner for the kids. If they are closed form 5-7 do the kids stay and eat? Kids wont be able to sit through a long dinner and I am not eating buffet and cheeseburgers on a cruise for dinner!!!!

I need some more info on the camp carnival, they say they are closed from 5-7 but they offer dinner every night? so the kids can have dinner with other kids but they dont have structured activities? i am just trying to figure out how I am going to dress up for dinner if they dont have dinner for the kids. If they are closed form 5-7 do the kids stay and eat? Kids wont be able to sit through a long dinner and I am not eating buffet and cheeseburgers on a cruise for dinner!!!!

dinner is at 5:45 (promptly) camp is closed at 5pm. YOU take your child to the lido deck to meet up with the counselors.

after the dinner-- they get taken back to the camp at 6:45 and activities start at 7.

How old are your kids? You'd be surprised on how well some handle that dinner. One of you can leave at 7 and take them back to camp-- thats an hour. I would try it the first night-- they might surprise you with all that fancy stuff happening.

Even with an 18 month old she fared pretty well at the main dining room

Let them know what to expect and what you expect from them.