NEW PORTS-How many times can you go to Coz?

TNCruzer56

ya know, if I can catch a cheap, quick 4 day from Galveston, I will go to Cozumel over and over and over. It's an reasoably priced quick long weekend getaway for us. Drive to the port day of the cruise and home early on return day. If I'm on a ship, I'm happy. Period.

Bonaire

Costa Rica

Dominica

Grenada

Martinique

St. Barts

St. Croix

Colombia

A couple of ideas-C`mon, don`t you want at least one new port???

Try HAL or Oceania if you want to go to these ports.

Folks, I agree-Had a ton-a-fun (x10) in Coz but Cartagena, Colombia sounds kinda cool? ..........No?

Been there, done it. Even saw Juan Valdez. Not too likely to see this port on anything other than a Panama Canal cruise. Mostly because it counts as a distant foreign port.

Hard to do any Western Caribbean cruise without a stop in Cozumel. Occasionally I just stay on the ship.

Folks, I agree-Had a ton-a-fun (x10) in Coz but Cartagena, Colombia sounds kinda cool? ..........No?

Cartagena is very nice and lots of historic stuff to see and Emeralds to buy, but I would go to Cozumel in a heartbeat. I am glad to see that cruise lines are going back to Cartagena on Panama Canal itineraries. They stopped going for quite a few years. Someone asked about St. Croix too. Cruises used to go there - until they shot a couple of tourists in the head during robberies. Not good for business.

As for Cozumel, lots to do, great food and drink, snorkeling and beaches. I've spent at least 40 days there on cruises (loved it in the old days when we stayed until midnight) and flown down many times to spend a week at a time. Been there 3 times already this year and going back in August.

Cozumel is fine. It's Progreso they need to dump from the Galveston itineraries and replace with Costa Maya or Playa de Carmen. But I think Progreso is probably a big money maker for them with most people taking ship tours or staying on board, or at least coming back early.

Cozumel is the St. Thomas of the Western Caribbean. You're going there whether you want to or not. Even if you're on an oddball itinerary or you're out for more than a week.

I've only been on one cruise out of Florida/San Juan that didn't go to one of them. And that one went to St. Maarten. LOL.

Oh come on, a day in Cozumel is better than a day at work! I've lost track of how many times I've been to Cozumel but always find something different to do. Tequila goes with everything!

Exactly! LOL. Nassau too. I can't even tell you how many times I've been there.

In a few more cruises I will have the problems some of you have. I look forward to getting there. ;-)

I do admit that as my family books our cruises, we try do so in a way we are doing new ports. Even the kids grumble a bit when Nassau is mentioned, tho they have not been to Atlantis. I have no problem with Coz, yet.

The St Croix reference piqued my interest. So I turned to my friend Google.

The only thing I could find was a couple murdered while playing a round of golf.....in 1972. I have no knowledge St Croix's crime rate, etc.

But that result in Google was like #7 and surrounded by many others that are more recent and on well visited places.

If you don't limit yourself to one cruise line and one or two ports of embarkation you have a lot more options. Every port mentioned in these threads is visited by at least a couple of cruise lines.

Cartagena and St. Croix are two of my personal favorites. Getting to experience those places is far more valuable to me than loyalty to one cruise line in order to get some minor perks. Plus I have been able to experience the differences in the various lines out there. So much more interesting than sailing the same ships to the same places over and over and over.

ya know, if I can catch a cheap, quick 4 day from Galveston, I will go to Cozumel over and over and over. It's an reasoably priced quick long weekend getaway for us. Drive to the port day of the cruise and home early on return day. If I'm on a ship, I'm happy. Period.

This. Although, we're getting a bit tired of the view at Nassau.. we just enjoy the ship. Love being on the ocean. Cozumel is at least further south so usually has warmer temps.

We love Cozumel and I still feel like there is more to check out there, even after all the times that we have been there.

The port I'm not thrilled with is Belize. I don't feel safe to just wander outside the port area on my own and the port area has definitely gone downhill since our 1st visit there. It has become the port where I only get off the boat for a couple of hours and then head back to enjoy the ship.

NEW PORTS-How many times can you go to Coz?

When I read post like this it just reminds me why Carnival toots their horn for new cruisers. You and I have been down this road before ;)

While I love Coz, I could go there every week and still enjoy it. Other people not so much.....

Archived