Impact a RCCL cruise made on my sons life choices!!

Impact a RCCL cruise made on my sons life choices!!

My son David Ferman was on Adventure of the Seas in Sept. 2002. He was 8 years old and got pulled up on stage for the Wilde and Hanes show. On stage the guys told him that one day he too could become a stunt juggler and go on cruise ships to perform.

To an 8 year old this was a dream come true. David came home and a week later found himself in time out in his room. He picked up some balls and started to practice thinking that some day he could be a performer and live on a cruise ship. He taught himself how to juggle. His dad did some juggling so David knew how to start his quest.

Now David is 19 and plans to live his dream for real. He still wants to work cruise ships but also have a Vegas show too. David made contact with Hanes/ Haines to tell him of the influence that trip on stage had on his life. Then at the Chicago audition for Americas Got Talent, Sean Haines showed up and now they are friends. David is continuing his quest started on Adventure of the Seas with his audition in Chicago and then in Vegas and now moving on to Radio City Music Hall. All this was because of one cruise on Adventure of the Seas back in 2002!!!!

America's Got Talent even aired a shot of him on stage with the Adventure of the Seas curtain in the background when he was 8 years old.... How cool that one cruise can direct a kids life ambitions!

I hope you don't mind me sharing a Royal Caribbean story that has impacted my son's life.....

I just watched the video! :eek: Good luck to David! What an inspiring story and to think it all started on a cruise ship stage. Bonus that it happened to be Royal Caribbean!

Congratulations to David for getting to NYC. And kudos to you mom and dad for allowing him to follow his dream into adulthood.

Cathy

Edited by shelbylook

Dasi11, Your son is very impressive! How cool! Good luck to him!:) Thanks for sharing your story.:)

Dplusd, Thanks for posting the link! My family just watched it together and really enjoyed seeing this impressive young man and his crazy-dangerous act.:D