Aurora mini suite upgrade, questions

kernow

We cruise a lot but have only done one previous short cruise on P and O so not really up to speed on how they work.

We are going on a short 4 night cruise on Aurora in Jan, we have 2 cabins, myself, husband and son and my parents next door. We had booked 2 regular balconies but yesterday received a phone call to offer us an upgrade to a minisuite for £100 per cabin. We accepted and DH paid the £200 for both cabins and asked them not to phone my parents so it would be a surprise.

I've since been looking for info on these rooms and can't find that much, we've stayed in both JS and full suites on RCL and it looks to be somewhere inbetween the two. If someone could tell me what extras we get more than a balcony I would be grateful. Also how does boarding work on P and O and will we now get any kind of priority. Will our luggage labels show anything about a minisuite, I am hoping to keep it as a surprise from my parents for as long as possible and want to be prepared:)

Thanks,

Julie

Oh I hope you manage to keep it a surprise for as long as possible. Say you will print out their labels and put them on the cases. If they comment to cabin now are diffent , just say they are in a better position, no need to say they are mini suites. Every evening about 5pm canapes will be delivered to the cabin...some I love...also fills a little gap between lunch and 2nd sitting which we normally go on.

Of course having had mini suites once they will never want to go lower.

We managed to get a suite on Azura, on arrival at the terminal we mentioned to the lady greeter that we were in a suite she took us to the priority check in desk stayed with us then took us across to the security area where she told the staff we were priority and they put us to t he front of the queue, from arrival to boarding all of 15-20 mins, enjoy being pampered

Edited by Paul1924

We too were upgraded to a mini-suite on Aurora, loved it! Larger than balcony cabin, separate large shower & whirlpool bath! Larger bottles of toiletries, bowls of fruit every few days, chocs, bottle of bubbly & best of all a butler! Use him/her as often or as little as you want. Also upgraded on embarkation to a lunch with champagne. Enjoy.