2012 MSC Drink Costs - Euros

Chris62eng

Hello

I am trying to find out drink costs on MSC Ships while they are in Europe. We will be on Musica in May.

I have seen old threads with menus, drink prices and package prizes but the costs are not current. Does anyone have 2012 prices from a recent cruise?

Thank you

Chris

Based on my January 2012 cruise on MSC Magnifica in the Med, I can add that the alcoholic drinks of the day were typically 5.70 euro (plus 15% service charge) and non-alcoholic drinks of the day were typically 3.50 euro (plus 15% service charge) as advertised in the daily programme. Based on my bill, many regular priced alcoholic drinks were typically 7.19 euro (including the service charge).

Don't know what you drink but when we were on Splendida 2 weeks ago

Bottled beer (33cl small bottle) 4.50

Bottled water 2.10

Carbonated soft drinks 2.60

Cocktails 6.50

All Euros all plus 15% service charge sorry thats all we drank so all I can remember

For anyone purchasing the adult cheers package MSC UK state the following:

Please note that wine is served by the bottle in the main restaurants. If unfinished the bottle will be stored away for you to enjoy the next evening.

Also:

Cocktail packages are published on board only.

I may cancel my packages if not allowed to take opened bottles back to cabin.

Anyone with very recent experience of this? (Splendida)

I am sailing on the new ship Divina in October and had booked the Cheers package but have just received a reply from MSC confirming an AI 24 hour package for £20.70 per day. Had to book via my TA.

That's an excellent and much reduced price for the AI. You'll definitely get your money's worth with that.

Thanks, that sounds like the package we should should purchase. Hopefully it is offered to Canadian bookings.

Hope you can get it. It does sound a good deal. I was quite happy with the cheers package, but when I saw this All Inclusive I felt it was better. Not that we are going to be using it 24 hours.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had previously booked cheers package for 2 adults at 230 euros but found out that as this was an onboard reservation I would still have to pay 15% service charge as confirmed in an email from MSC.

The only way to avoid the charge was to take out one of their pre booked packages but at £38 per person per day AI I did not bother. This and the alcohol free package were the only packages offered at the time which was only 2 weeks ago.

MSC have definitely kept a bit quiet about the MSC allegrissimo drinks package which is also a really good all inclusive package (google it to find out more), it includes ice cream, coffees, teas and bar drinks. (But not premium drinks)

You can book it through your TA code 431, total is £289.80 for 2 adults

or the non alcoholic version which includes virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes code 432, total is £151.20.

Just make sure you get an email from MSC confirming it includes 15% service tax. I only found out about this through another website.

Hi,

I had previously booked cheers package for 2 adults at 230 euros but found out that as this was an onboard reservation I would still have to pay 15% service charge as confirmed in an email from MSC.

The only way to avoid the charge was to take out one of their pre booked packages but at £38 per person per day AI I did not bother. This and the alcohol free package were the only packages offered at the time which was only 2 weeks ago.

MSC have definitely kept a bit quiet about the MSC allegrissimo drinks package which is also a really good all inclusive package (google it to find out more), it includes ice cream, coffees, teas and bar drinks. (But not premium drinks)

You can book it through your TA code 431, total is £289.80 for 2 adults

or the non alcoholic version which includes virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes code 432, total is £151.20.

Just make sure you get an email from MSC confirming it includes 15% service tax. I only found out about this through another website.

Thats fantastic news. Thankyou so much for posting about this pacckge. We had booked the full AI so this package has saved us loads. Just got onto MSC and changed it!!! This means theres more in the kitty for some nice spa treatments:D!!!!

pastries are not included right? because i am getting conflicting info

Hi,

As far as I can tell pastries are not included. However, last time I was on the fantasia my Mother in Law had the regular AI and pastries were not included in that either.

This is what MSC say about the Allegrissimo package

Allegrissimo – Excluded Items

Cigars and cigarettes; champagne by bottle and by glass, bottles of wine and spumante; souvenir glasses and drinks served in Souvenir glasses, all food consumptions in restaurants on payment (Sushi bar, Chinese restaurant, Tex-Mex, L'Etoile, L'Olivo, Obelisco, Il Giardino, 4 Stagioni), pizza delivery, food from Sports bar menu, Room service, selection of ice-cream cups from Gelateria, chocolate bar specialties, pastry from Piazzeta on board Fantasia and Splendida.

Glad to have helped. I am now wondering whether they do a special prebookable spa and excursion package that once again is not advertised on their website!

Shilu, This link is the only info I was able to source on spa packages (see link below). Would love to find a full price list on all individual treatments however I dont think it exist. Searched the net for about an hour for it to no avail!!

http://msc.media.mscnetwork.com/Press-Area%5C201108%5CMSC-Aurea-SPA_ID2103_AE233F5758.pdf

Glad to have helped. I am now wondering whether they do a special prebookable spa and excursion package that once again is not advertised on their website!

There are loads of spa packages available. You can see them under the Booked then Onboard packages section. They are also listed towards the back of the online 2012 brochure. They represent a huge saving, if you like going to the spa. The one I've booked for my 19 night trip on the Opera next month is costing £430 compared to the onboard price for buying all individually of €1,069. I'm slithering between 2 on the Musica (7 nights) at £340 compared to onboard price of €734. they have smaller ones starting from £80 (30 min massage, 30 min facial, 1 thermal suite) the onboard cost of which is €138. they vary depending on the class of ship you are going on.

Mairead thanks for the link re the Allegrissimo. I'll need to ask MSSSSC about it as it's not showing up for either of my cruises this year. I don't drink enough to justify the cost of the full AI but that one would cover nearly all the stuff I do have and probably save up to €10 per day.

Sorry again the Allegrisimo is 24hr right? we are interested spoken to our ta and they offer it, perhaps we go and book it instead of the cheers package and pay the diff

Well not technically 24 hour as the bars/cafe arent open all night. 24 refers to the mini bar in your cabin which isnt available with this package however the Allegrisimo is available nearly 24 hours!!!! We cancelled our 24hr AI and then ordered the allegrismo.

Archived