Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > SeaDream Yacht Club

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

SeaDream Yacht Club Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old February 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM
5,000+ Club

Default Roll Call, SD1 April 16th, San Juan

Any CCers on SD1 out of San Juan on April 16th? We hope to see some of you on board.
Jim.

Old February 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Dear Jim -
ZQ VOl and I will have just returned from a week at WDW - a very different experience.
If you and Lois encounter Christophe, Martijn or Eric, please have Lois give them a hug and kiss for me.
FT

Old February 18th, 2006, 03:56 PM
5,000+ Club

Hi FT:
Will do. Why not cash in some sick days and y'all come on down?
J & L

Old February 18th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequent traveler
Dear Jim -
ZQ VOl and I will have just returned from a week at WDW - a very different experience.
If you and Lois encounter Christophe, Martijn or Eric, please have Lois give them a hug and kiss for me.
FT
Hi folks. As I understand the schedule (explained to me several weeks ago and, of course, subject to change) Christophe will be on SD2 that week, I'm not sure about Martijn's schedule that week although he has just left for vacation and may not be back at work by April 16 and I'm not sure about Eric although my best guess is that he'll be on SD2 that week, if he's working then. Tomasz should just be back from vacation and is scheduled to be Hotel Manager on SD1 that week.

Old February 19th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

ctbjr -

when I last spoke with Martijn he was complaining that since he had broken up with his girlfriend in the US, he was going to have to go home to his parents, poor baby.

Any news on Richard - did he return from holiday engaged?

Jim -- We would love to permanently vacation somewhere in the Islands, but haven't quite got the guts to tell dear children they are on their own . . . can't wait until the last tuitition check is paid . . but since Radisson is going all inclusive in 2007 we're thinking about the South Seas adventure for our run away from children escape. You and Lois game? Cbjr - we're trying to draft Disney Jen and Andy also (planning events are scheduled for SD III)

FT

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 19th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
ctbjr -

when I last spoke with Martijn he was complaining that since he had broken up with his girlfriend in the US, he was going to have to go home to his parents, poor baby.

Any news on Richard - did he return from holiday engaged?

Jim -- We would love to permanently vacation somewhere in the Islands, but haven't quite got the guts to tell dear children they are on their own . . . can't wait until the last tuitition check is paid . . but since Radisson is going all inclusive in 2007 we're thinking about the South Seas adventure for our run away from children escape. You and Lois game? Cbjr - we're trying to draft Disney Jen and Andy also (planning events are scheduled for SD III)

FT
Hi FT,

Martijn started his vacation several weeks ago by heading to Rio with some friends. Can't imagine that he would have any fun there....

Perhaps if he's spending the rest of his time at home with parents he'll return to work earlier than otherwise.

Richard is still away and last I heard was continuing to wrestle with the engagement situation. I am fairly confident that I know how that situation will turn out. I know both Richard and his prospective fiance and they are both great people.

DJ and Andy would be good companions for your Radisson adventure. We're hoping to see them on SD again one of these days as well.

Old February 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
ctbjr -

FT
Hi FT/ZQVOL:
South Seas Adventure sounds great and looking forward to Radissons all inclusive plan but we have booked QE2 Transatlantic in 2007 which entails visiting relatives in Europe prior to voyage. Lois's Mom is 80 in the Fall so Arizona is a must. Only leaves 1 week to try and wedge a SD trip somewhere nearby. You guys have a blast (I know you will as long as the champagne holds out).
All the Best,
J & L.

Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We are still playing with schedules here ...

Actually after our short visit back north to visit family Andy has committed us to spending a week in November in Aruba with my parents, a week in June in the Finger Lakes of NY with his brother and wife, and a long weekend in August on Long Beach Island in NJ with our bareboat sailing cousins. Mind you we have a week at Disney World in June ... when we hope to see Ctbjr and wife!

DH also asked some of his family to join us on a SD Caribbean cruise in early '07.

Still trying to fit the SDIII into the mix FT

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default roll call 4/16 SDI

Sounds like you all know each other!
We are sailing on the SeaDream 4/16
Kate and Pattie - girlfirends getaway without husbands or kids!
Can't wait!
Kate - Windsurf, Carnival Victory, Carnival Pride, Ocean Princess (Alaska) (no more),Norwegian Sun, Sun Princess, Golden Princess (So. Caribbean 6/04), Costa Atlantica, Golden Princess (Europe 6/05) NCL Jewel Holiday 2005, SeaDream I (Caribbean 4/06) Freedom of the Seas (1 night inaugural) Seabourn Spirit (Med 7/06), RCL Explorer of the Seas (Seminar at Sea 10/07) Seabourn Pride (Carib 11/07), Celebrity Solstice 2 day Inaugural 11/08, Celebrity Century 4/09, Regent Voyager 9/09, Crystal Serenity 11/09, RCL Freedom (seminar at sea 5/10), Crystal Serenity 10/10, Celebrity Eclipse 11/10, Crystal Serenity 9/11, Crystal Symphony 1/12, RCL Oasis of Seas 5/12, Azamara Journey 6/12, NCL Breakaway 5/13, Regent Navigator 6/13, NCL Getaway 2/14, Azamara Journey 5/14, NCL Getaway 12/14, RCL Allure 3/15, RCL Quantum 4/15, Silversea Wind 8/15, NCL Escape 2/16

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The friendships that you make here on CC and then on SD really do carry over into your real life

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Old March 8th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJen
The friendships that you make here on CC and then on SD really do carry over into your real life

I hope you have a wonderful week!
Thanks Disney Jen!
I am in Philadelphia area too!
Kate - Windsurf, Carnival Victory, Carnival Pride, Ocean Princess (Alaska) (no more),Norwegian Sun, Sun Princess, Golden Princess (So. Caribbean 6/04), Costa Atlantica, Golden Princess (Europe 6/05) NCL Jewel Holiday 2005, SeaDream I (Caribbean 4/06) Freedom of the Seas (1 night inaugural) Seabourn Spirit (Med 7/06), RCL Explorer of the Seas (Seminar at Sea 10/07) Seabourn Pride (Carib 11/07), Celebrity Solstice 2 day Inaugural 11/08, Celebrity Century 4/09, Regent Voyager 9/09, Crystal Serenity 11/09, RCL Freedom (seminar at sea 5/10), Crystal Serenity 10/10, Celebrity Eclipse 11/10, Crystal Serenity 9/11, Crystal Symphony 1/12, RCL Oasis of Seas 5/12, Azamara Journey 6/12, NCL Breakaway 5/13, Regent Navigator 6/13, NCL Getaway 2/14, Azamara Journey 5/14, NCL Getaway 12/14, RCL Allure 3/15, RCL Quantum 4/15, Silversea Wind 8/15, NCL Escape 2/16

Old March 9th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

My heart and soul are still in the Philly area although my body is in NC

Old March 9th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
My heart and soul are still in the Philly area although my body is in NC
DJ,

Why did I think that at least a part of you is in Anegada? Ever been there?

Old March 9th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Anegada ... (insert "sigh" smilie). Kate and Pattie I hope you get to see this beautiful island on your April 16 cruise!

How right you are Ctb Actually my head is there anytime anyone mentions the BVIs!

FT and I are having dinner with another friend tomorrow evening ... I think I am going to have to wear FT down so that she will join us on another SD cruise. I know her DH will appreciate my efforts

Old March 9th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes DH will appreciate your efforts - however, since I'm driving I don't think my stubborness will evaporate (or be drowned) tomorrow at dinner! Unfortunately, with respect to Caribbean SD cruises DH's academic calendar only accommodates holiday weeks - and with two bumps for a charter and the "kiddie cruise" I've sworn to avoid SD cruises on those weeks.
FT

Old April 8th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile April 16th SeaDream I - 8 days and counting down

Well this thread has been quiet! I know I have been busy - but it's time to really count down and start packing! Regretably I will be away next week April 11-13 so this will be crazy getting ready. Can't wait!

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
5,000+ Club

See you on board. Ready to pack.
Jim & Lois.

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

How wonderful to be just a few days away from a SD adventure!

I hope that you will post from the ship and/or share a trip report upon your return!

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM
5,000+ Club

Hi DisneyJen:
Dont know about posting from the ship, remember, Im the guy that cant even fit in a workout. Will do a complete review when I am back at work. Yuck. Dont even want to think about it. Anyway, continue to work on FT about the charter.
Jim.

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Trip Reports

Quote:
I hope that you will post from the ship and/or share a trip report upon your return!
DJ,

Aren't trip reports great? Sorry, couldn't resist.